"Cabbageman" <Cabbageman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having the same issue. Try the website www.vatransformer.com I get
> top half of the screen blank and other empty boxes.
There are several Flash files on the main page at the link you provided, the
blank area at the top half of the page that you refer to is where you should
be seeing one of those Flash files displayed.
> I have tried
> reinstalling Abode Flash v10 and it has not helped. Any other thoughts?
Either you don't have the Flash Player installed properly, or you have the
Flash Player activex control disabled in Manage Add-ons.
What version of the Flash Player do you see installed on your machine when
you visit the Adobe Flash Player test page?
If the lastest Flash Player is installed properly on your machine you should
see the following at the above test site:
"Your Player Version: WIN 10,0,12,36"
If it shows anything else, or it is blank then I would suggest you try the
1. Download the manual Flash Player uninstaller file located here and save
it to your Desktop.
2. Download the manual Flash Player installer file located here and save it
to your Desktop.
3. Disconnect from the internet, temporarily disable any realtime security
applications you might have running in the background.
4. Run the Uninstaller file from the Desktop to uninstall the Flash Player.
5. Then run the Installer file from the Desktop to re-install the Flash
6. Visit the Adobe Test page again to see if the install was competed
If you are using Windows Vista and the above procedure does not work for
you, then try the following.
1. Navigate to the following folder on your hard drive:
2. Right-click and run as Administrator the following file:
3. Allow this Utility to update the Flash Player(you must be online to do
> "RW" wrote:
>> I figured it out. It was an issue with Adobe Flash Player. Reinstalled,
>> enabled, and everything is good again.
>> "RW" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
>> > IE 7, Windows XP Home, Service Pack 3
>> > Does anyone have any idea why I only get "placeholder" images instead
>> > of
>> > actual images on certain websites? This does NOT happen on all sites
>> > but
>> > it does always happen on the same sites.