No images- just placeholders! (IE7)

RW

No images- just placeholders! (IE7)
IE 7, Windows XP Home, Service Pack 3

Does anyone have any idea why I only get "placeholder" images instead of
actual images on certain websites? This does NOT happen on all sites but it
does always happen on the same sites.

Leonard Grey

Re: No images- just placeholders! (IE7)
Your ad blocking software thinks the images are ads?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

RW wrote:
> IE 7, Windows XP Home, Service Pack 3
>

> Does anyone have any idea why I only get "placeholder" images instead of
> actual images on certain websites? This does NOT happen on all sites but it
> does always happen on the same sites.

RW

Re: No images- just placeholders! (IE7)
I'm not using an ad blocker program and I still only get placeholders even
when I turn the IE popup blocker off.

> Your ad blocking software thinks the images are ads?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> RW wrote:
>> IE 7, Windows XP Home, Service Pack 3
>>

>> Does anyone have any idea why I only get "placeholder" images instead of
>> actual images on certain websites? This does NOT happen on all sites but
>> it does always happen on the same sites.

VanguardLH

RW wrote:

> IE 7, Windows XP Home, Service Pack 3
>
> Does anyone have any idea why I only get "placeholder" images instead of
> actual images on certain websites? This does NOT happen on all sites but it
> does always happen on the same sites.

WHICH sites might those be? Hard to analyze HTML code when it is kept
hidden.
NG

Re: No images- just placeholders! (IE7)
I'm having the same problem as RW but I don't know how to get to my ad
blocking sofeware.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Your ad blocking software thinks the images are ads?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> RW wrote:
> > IE 7, Windows XP Home, Service Pack 3
> >

> > Does anyone have any idea why I only get "placeholder" images instead of
> > actual images on certain websites? This does NOT happen on all sites but it
> > does always happen on the same sites.

RW

Re: No images- just placeholders! (IE7)
Here's an example- http://www.loducawines.com/distribution.html You'll
probably see an image of a map of the United States. I only see a
placeholder but previously I could see the image.

Thanks for taking a look.

> RW wrote:
>
>> IE 7, Windows XP Home, Service Pack 3
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea why I only get "placeholder" images instead of
>> actual images on certain websites? This does NOT happen on all sites but
>> it
>> does always happen on the same sites.

> WHICH sites might those be? Hard to analyze HTML code when it is kept
> hidden.

RW

Re: No images- just placeholders! (IE7)
I figured it out. It was an issue with Adobe Flash Player. Reinstalled,
enabled, and everything is good again.

"RW" <ranger52oc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> IE 7, Windows XP Home, Service Pack 3
>

> Does anyone have any idea why I only get "placeholder" images instead of
> actual images on certain websites? This does NOT happen on all sites but
> it does always happen on the same sites.

Robert Aldwinckle

"RW" <ranger52oc@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e8DrJD$WJHA.4280@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Here's an example- http://www.loducawines.com/distribution.html

They should amend their instruction to:
Place your cursor over a state's initials
to see who distributes LoDuca Wines
*underneath this map*. ; }

> You'll probably see an image of a map of the United States.

Do a right-click on the map and you'll see it is a Shockwave
Flash program.

http://www.loducawines.com/distmap/distmap2.swf

> I only see a placeholder but previously I could see the image.

Shockwave flash requires an ActiveX control be installed
and that in turn requires the security settings allow such
programs to be used. Simplest method: use Default Level.

Try visiting Adobe's Flash test and download site
to make sure that your Flash support isn't the cause
of your symptom.

> Thanks for taking a look.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Cabbageman

Re: No images- just placeholders! (IE7)
I am having the same issue. Try the website www.vatransformer.com I get the
top half of the screen blank and other empty boxes. I have tried
reinstalling Abode Flash v10 and it has not helped. Any other thoughts?

"RW" wrote:

> I figured it out. It was an issue with Adobe Flash Player. Reinstalled,
> enabled, and everything is good again.
>

> "RW" <ranger52oc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > IE 7, Windows XP Home, Service Pack 3
> >

> > Does anyone have any idea why I only get "placeholder" images instead of
> > actual images on certain websites? This does NOT happen on all sites but
> > it does always happen on the same sites.

Donald Anadell

"Cabbageman" <Cabbageman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I am having the same issue. Try the website www.vatransformer.com I get
>the
> top half of the screen blank and other empty boxes.

There are several Flash files on the main page at the link you provided, the
blank area at the top half of the page that you refer to is where you should
be seeing one of those Flash files displayed.

> I have tried
> reinstalling Abode Flash v10 and it has not helped. Any other thoughts?

Either you don't have the Flash Player installed properly, or you have the
Flash Player activex control disabled in Manage Add-ons.

What version of the Flash Player do you see installed on your machine when
you visit the Adobe Flash Player test page?
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_15507

If the lastest Flash Player is installed properly on your machine you should
see the following at the above test site:

"Your Player Version: WIN 10,0,12,36"

If it shows anything else, or it is blank then I would suggest you try the
following.

1. Download the manual Flash Player uninstaller file located here and save
it to your Desktop.
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe

2. Download the manual Flash Player installer file located here and save it
to your Desktop.
http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie

3. Disconnect from the internet, temporarily disable any realtime security
applications you might have running in the background.

4. Run the Uninstaller file from the Desktop to uninstall the Flash Player.

5. Then run the Installer file from the Desktop to re-install the Flash
Player.

6. Visit the Adobe Test page again to see if the install was competed
properly.

If you are using Windows Vista and the above procedure does not work for
you, then try the following.

1. Navigate to the following folder on your hard drive:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash

2. Right-click and run as Administrator the following file:
"FlashUtil10a.exe"

3. Allow this Utility to update the Flash Player(you must be online to do
this).

Good luck,

Donald Anadell