Internest Explore 7 and NOD32/Eset

Angelo

Internest Explore 7 and NOD32/Eset
Each time Internet Explore 7 stops responding when I have more than one tab
open; I keep getting a message to install NOD32. I only have Norton as my
firewall and antivirus protection. So why am I being asked to install this
NOD32/Eset antivirus software? I am asked to install this after I have
clicked on the pop-up message coming from the taskbar and then it goes to the
Microsoft feedback window asking if the information was helpful but also
asking to click on the link to Eset.

Any information on this as to why I am getting it would be greatly appreciated

Re: Internest Explore 7 and NOD32/Eset
posting to this newsgroup.

Has NOD32 ever been installed on this machine, if only a temporary install
of a free-trial version? Is it listed in Add/Remove Programs?

Is your Norton subscription current?

Did you recently upgrade your Norton application (e.g., from NIS 2007 to
N360 2009)?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Angelo wrote:
> Each time Internet Explore 7 stops responding when I have more than one
> tab
> open; I keep getting a message to install NOD32. I only have Norton as my
> firewall and antivirus protection. So why am I being asked to install this
> NOD32/Eset antivirus software? I am asked to install this after I have
> clicked on the pop-up message coming from the taskbar and then it goes to
> the Microsoft feedback window asking if the information was helpful but
> also
> asking to click on the link to Eset.
>
> Any information on this as to why I am getting it would be greatly
> appreciated

William Smith

Re: Internest Explore 7 and NOD32/Eset
Windows Vista Home Premium sp1, ie7, Mcafee Security Center
I get the following message from Windows Solutions when internet explorer
stops responding and restarts: This problem was caused by NOD32 Antivirus
System, which was created by Eset. These messages started on November 1,
the day I received this computer new from Dell. I have checked for anything
related to NOD32 or eset, there is nothing on the computer that I can find.
I have not downloaded anything that I know of from eset. I use Spybot, and
Malwarebytes as well as Mcafee Security Center.
I read somewhere this may be a Microsoft error.
I am wondering if others are having this problem, and what can be done to
fix it.
Thanks,
William Smith
"Angelo" <Angelo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Each time Internet Explore 7 stops responding when I have more than one
> tab
> open; I keep getting a message to install NOD32. I only have Norton as my
> firewall and antivirus protection. So why am I being asked to install this
> NOD32/Eset antivirus software? I am asked to install this after I have
> clicked on the pop-up message coming from the taskbar and then it goes to
> the
> Microsoft feedback window asking if the information was helpful but also
> asking to click on the link to Eset.
>
> Any information on this as to why I am getting it would be greatly
> appreciated

Re: Internest Explore 7 and NOD32/Eset
> ...These messages started on November 1,
> the day I received this computer new from Dell.

Did a free-trial version of Eset/NOD32 come preinstalled on the machine when
you bought it?

What has Dell Support had to say about this?

Have you considered returning the machine to Dell?