internetexplorer not working after windows update

not very happy

internetexplorer not working after windows update
I have internetexplorer7 and it was working fine untill last night, there was
a windows update and now it doesn't work. I will not open from live messenger
and when I click on the icon it opens a window and it says "Internet Explorer
cannot display the webpage". There is nothing wrong with my conection I know
this coss Opera is working fine and I can sign into Messenger.
What has windows done???? Im fed up with this rubish I think I might just
stick with Opera its never let me down.
Gordon

Re: internetexplorer not working after windows update
"not very happy" <not very happy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have internetexplorer7 and it was working fine untill last night, there
>was
> a windows update and now it doesn't work. I will not open from live
> messenger
> and when I click on the icon it opens a window and it says "Internet
> Explorer
> cannot display the webpage". There is nothing wrong with my conection I
> know
> this coss Opera is working fine and I can sign into Messenger.
> What has windows done???? Im fed up with this rubish I think I might just
> stick with Opera its never let me down.

Err why not uninstall the update then?

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

not very happy

Re: internetexplorer not working after windows update

Thanks Gordon.........
My piont is I shouldn't have to mess around and uninstall updates they
should work before they are issued. Another hash by Microsoft.

> Thanks Gordon.........
> My piont is I shouldn't have to mess around and uninstall updates they
> should work before they are issued. Another hash by Microsoft.

I have to say the only updates that have ever caused any problems on any of
my systems is when I accidentally allowed WU to install hardware drivers....

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Leonard Grey

Re: internetexplorer not working after windows update
I don't recall ever having a problem with Windows Update, going back to
Windows 98. And that includes major updates like service packs. For me
it was a matter of learning over time how to maximize my chances for
success. All that knowledge is available to you, with a web search. The
time you invest upfront will be repaid many times over by the time you
would otherwise spend having deal with problems.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

not very happy wrote:

> Thanks Gordon.........
> My piont is I shouldn't have to mess around and uninstall updates they
> should work before they are issued. Another hash by Microsoft.

Re: internetexplorer not working after windows update
[X-post to Windows Update newsgroup]

posting to this newsgroup.

Which update(s) did you install?

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB999999).

If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
above number and ask to be transferred to the "Consumer IE queue" (which is
47830).

Support for Windows Update:

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

not very happy wrote:
> I have internetexplorer7 and it was working fine untill last night, there
> was a windows update and now it doesn't work. I will not open from live
> messenger and when I click on the icon it opens a window and it says
> "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". There is nothing wrong
> with
> my conection I know this coss Opera is working fine and I can sign into
> Messenger.
> What has windows done???? Im fed up with this rubish I think I might just
> stick with Opera its never let me down.

Vee

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [X-post to Windows Update newsgroup]

> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> Which update(s) did you install?

> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB999999).
>
> If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
> above number and ask to be transferred to the "Consumer IE queue" (which is
> 47830).
>
> Support for Windows Update:

> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> not very happy wrote:
> > I have internetexplorer7 and it was working fine untill last night, there
> > was a windows update and now it doesn't work. I will not open from live
> > messenger and when I click on the icon it opens a window and it says
> > "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". There is nothing wrong
> > with
> > my conection I know this coss Opera is working fine and I can sign into
> > Messenger.
> > What has windows done???? Im fed up with this rubish I think I might just
> > stick with Opera its never let me down.

Vee

Re: internetexplorer not working after windows update
As of last night, I cannot access my Google mail. I also did the most recent
MS WIndows updates. The message I get recommends tat that I should not go to
this ( Google mail ) website. Error 500.

Yesterday and all the yesterdays I could access this...wha's up? I
shouldn't have to read pages and pages of material to fix this...What's the
solution?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [X-post to Windows Update newsgroup]

> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> Which update(s) did you install?

> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB999999).
>
> If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
> above number and ask to be transferred to the "Consumer IE queue" (which is
> 47830).
>
> Support for Windows Update:

> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> not very happy wrote:
> > I have internetexplorer7 and it was working fine untill last night, there
> > was a windows update and now it doesn't work. I will not open from live
> > messenger and when I click on the icon it opens a window and it says
> > "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". There is nothing wrong
> > with
> > my conection I know this coss Opera is working fine and I can sign into
> > Messenger.
> > What has windows done???? Im fed up with this rubish I think I might just
> > stick with Opera its never let me down.

Vee

RE: internetexplorer not working after windows update
I forgot to say I am using Windows XP and I installed the Service Pack 3.
This posting topic 'was helpful ' to me only because it let me know that
others were having the same problem.

"not very happy" wrote:

> I have internetexplorer7 and it was working fine untill last night, there was
> a windows update and now it doesn't work. I will not open from live messenger
> and when I click on the icon it opens a window and it says "Internet Explorer
> cannot display the webpage". There is nothing wrong with my conection I know
> this coss Opera is working fine and I can sign into Messenger.
> What has windows done???? Im fed up with this rubish I think I might just
> stick with Opera its never let me down.

Donald Anadell

"Vee" <Vee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I forgot to say I am using Windows XP and I installed the Service Pack 3.
> This posting topic 'was helpful ' to me only because it let me know that
> others were having the same problem.

Please start your own thread with regard to your issues, it helps to avoid
confusion.

In the mean time:

What does Error 500 mean:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findby...ervererror.htm