IE7 feedback

hdgoihpw;aoreng;lsdkng;fa;fh;dafkljsd;jf

IE7 feedback
1. newsgroups like this are horrible to work with, massive files, slow to
open and you have no idea if you can actually trust what people are saying.

2. How do you stop IE& from listing folders in the drop down menu? There
must be some kind of problem there as two completely different programs (IE
and Windows Explorer), with 2 completely different jobs should not be
interacting like that.

3. typed addresses randomly disappear from the drop down list. I've had
occasional files disappear from Vista too - but I know I can't trust that
miserable program to do anything right.

4. is there a way to keep the favorites column from disappearing - it was so
much nicer in IE6 when it stayed open until you closed it.

5. can we lose the stupid tabs thing - what a horrible way to run a program.
It's disorganized, especially since most programs pop up new windows, making
you need to sort through windows and tabs.

6. speaking of popups - you make the default securtiy setting to block all
pop-ups, and then base your own websites on popups to do things like provide
feedback.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Bruce Hagen

Re: IE7 feedback
1: Use a newsreader like Outlook Express instead of the idiotic and clunky
Web interface. As far as trusting people, hang around enough and you'll get
a feel for that. Trust me.

Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader for MSNews:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

4: Open the favorites using the star on the Command Bar and then click on
the green arrow at the top right.

5: IE | Tools | Internet Options | General Tab | Tabs Settings. Uncheck:
Enable Tabbed Browsing.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"hdgoihpw;aoreng;lsdkng;fa;fh;dafkljsd;jf"
<hdgoihpw;aoreng;lsdkng;fa;fh;dafkljsd;jf@discussi ons.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:45EDDC5F-562F-4E08-A8B9-3244A2FE5946@microsoft.com...
> 1. newsgroups like this are horrible to work with, massive files, slow to
> open and you have no idea if you can actually trust what people are
> saying.
>
> 2. How do you stop IE& from listing folders in the drop down menu? There
> must be some kind of problem there as two completely different programs
> (IE
> and Windows Explorer), with 2 completely different jobs should not be
> interacting like that.
>
> 3. typed addresses randomly disappear from the drop down list. I've had
> occasional files disappear from Vista too - but I know I can't trust that
> miserable program to do anything right.
>
> 4. is there a way to keep the favorites column from disappearing - it was
> so
> much nicer in IE6 when it stayed open until you closed it.
>
> 5. can we lose the stupid tabs thing - what a horrible way to run a
> program.
> It's disorganized, especially since most programs pop up new windows,
> making
> you need to sort through windows and tabs.
>
> 6. speaking of popups - you make the default securtiy setting to block all
> pop-ups, and then base your own websites on popups to do things like
> provide
> feedback.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Billie akaWe3

RE: IE7 feedback
My computer was working great until one day, a couple weeks ago, I signed in
to find that IE had updated my PC from IE5 to 7. Ever since then, the tool
bar will NOT retain my changes to the text size or the type of print. This
looks normal now, but as I type on my own files, it skips and runs together,
or just stops altogether. Then to make matters worse, Yahoo, has been
changing my mail choice to their NEW version. I wanted the clasic style, it
worked fine. I am running Norton 2009 for viris,have all sorts of
protection, then this happens while I was sleeping. Help me get control of my
options again and the correct style of fonts.
Thanks in advance,
--
BillieJo