IE 7 Favorites have disappeared

D Van Deusen

IE 7 Favorites have disappeared
Hello. Today when I opened IE7 (I'm running VISTA 64-bit) my Favorites list
had entirely disappeared! I did a system restore to two days ago, but no
luck. Can anyone help with this please?

Thank you!

Re: IE 7 Favorites have disappeared
Did you change the default location of your Favorites folder?

D Van Deusen wrote:
> Hello. Today when I opened IE7 (I'm running VISTA 64-bit) my Favorites
> list
> had entirely disappeared! I did a system restore to two days ago, but no
> luck. Can anyone help with this please?
>
> Thank you!

D Van Deusen

Re: IE 7 Favorites have disappeared
No, I didn't make any changes to IE at all. There were several Microsoft
security updates the day before the bookmarks disappeared, which is why I
tried the System Restore. When I checked the Favorites folder, it was empty.
I'm not on any type of network; this is a one-computer, one-user household.
And Mozilla was not affected. Unless I can figure out what happened, I will
just have to save the folder daily, which is a PITA. Fortunately I only
aquired this PC in September and still had my old bookmarks from my last PC
on a disc, so only a few new additions were added; of course I lost the
order. I never had this problem with earlier editions of IE.

> Did you change the default location of your Favorites folder?
>
> D Van Deusen wrote:
>> Hello. Today when I opened IE7 (I'm running VISTA 64-bit) my Favorites
>> list
>> had entirely disappeared! I did a system restore to two days ago, but no
>> luck. Can anyone help with this please?
>>
>> Thank you!

Re: IE 7 Favorites have disappeared
If you suspect that a recently installed, security-related Windows Update
caused the problem:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB999999).

If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
above number and ask to be transferred to the "Consumer IE queue" (which is
47830).

Support for Windows Update:

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net