Mail links do not work

Ftec

Mail links do not work
From Outlook Express I can see that it is the default mail handler
but in IE7 /Options/Programs I can't select it for E-mails because
the combo is empty. However, in the next combo, Newsgroups
Outlook appears as the handler.

I'm not sure if this is what causes that I can't send email by clicking
email links on web pages, which is my problem. I'm using XP Pro / SP3.
The problem was there even with IE6 right from the start when I bought
the computer (HP).

Thanks
Chris
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: Mail links do not work
Ftec wrote:

> From Outlook Express I can see that it is the default mail handler
> but in IE7 /Options/Programs I can't select it for E-mails because
> the combo is empty. However, in the next combo, Newsgroups
> Outlook appears as the handler.
>
> I'm not sure if this is what causes that I can't send email by clicking
> email links on web pages, which is my problem. I'm using XP Pro / SP3.
> The problem was there even with IE6 right from the start when I bought
> the computer (HP).
>
> Thanks
> Chris

-> Restores OE to the E-mail clients list in Internet Options
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/oe_client.htm
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/defaultl.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive...default_client

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

Ftec

Re: Mail links do not work
Works now, many thanks.
Chris

"Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" <enzodirusso@xoom.it> wrote in message news:%23RLv6eqWJHA.4596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Ftec wrote:
>
>> From Outlook Express I can see that it is the default mail handler
>> but in IE7 /Options/Programs I can't select it for E-mails because
>> the combo is empty. However, in the next combo, Newsgroups
>> Outlook appears as the handler.
>>
>> I'm not sure if this is what causes that I can't send email by clicking
>> email links on web pages, which is my problem. I'm using XP Pro / SP3.
>> The problem was there even with IE6 right from the start when I bought
>> the computer (HP).
>>
>> Thanks
>> Chris

> -> Restores OE to the E-mail clients list in Internet Options
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/oe_client.htm
> http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/defaultl.htm
> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive...default_client
>
> --
> Vincenzo Di Russo
> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

Re: Mail links do not work
Microsoft Outlook updates change the default mail handler to Microsoft
Outlook
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#13
Related: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933450

NB: Why is Outlook installed if you don't use it?

NB: OL should never be the default for Newsgroups.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Ftec wrote:
> From Outlook Express I can see that it is the default mail handler
> but in IE7 /Options/Programs I can't select it for E-mails because
> the combo is empty. However, in the next combo, Newsgroups
> Outlook appears as the handler.
>
> I'm not sure if this is what causes that I can't send email by clicking
> email links on web pages, which is my problem. I'm using XP Pro / SP3.
> The problem was there even with IE6 right from the start when I bought
> the computer (HP).
>
> Thanks
> Chris

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: Mail links do not work
Ftec wrote:

> Works now, many thanks.

YW. Glad to help and thank you for your feedback, Chris.

--
Vincenzo Di Russo