HTML uploaded pics. to website disappearing.

Maetlman

HTML uploaded pics. to website disappearing.
I have an about me ebay page to which I through html added pictures to. At
the time I did this I had IE6 installed on my IBM W/Windows XP Home. The html
was completed correctly and for 2 years it was fine until I installed IE7.
Immediately after my pictures turned into the little items that show up when
a picture is supposed to be there but isn't. When I open up the same page
with my Outlook program the page shows the pictures properly so I know it is
not the html, ebay or my computer that is causing this problem. Something
with IE7 is causing the information to be blocked to the webpage. I have
contacted ebay and Microsoft. Ebay couldn't find a problem on their end and
microsoft free support didn't have the expertise to find a solution. I refuse
to pay the ridiculous $59.00 per request after paying $19.95 a month for MSN
for the last 4 years that they charge for technical support to deal with
this. Has anybody else had this problem and if so did you find a solution and
could you help a guy out. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
--
David Herold
Don Varnau

Re: HTML uploaded pics. to website disappearing.
Hi,
1. First clear the Temporary Internet Files.

2. Is a browser add-on causing this?
For troubleshooting information see:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

More at:
Problem: Crashes or hangs
http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp

3. Is a third-party security program blocking images- perhaps an ad-blocking
feature?
936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)

4. More:
283807 - Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807
- -
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Start here: http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Maetlman wrote:
> I have an about me ebay page to which I through html added pictures to. At
> the time I did this I had IE6 installed on my IBM W/Windows XP Home. The
> html was completed correctly and for 2 years it was fine until I installed
> IE7. Immediately after my pictures turned into the little items that show
> up when a picture is supposed to be there but isn't. When I open up the
> same page with my Outlook program the page shows the pictures properly so
> know it is not the html, ebay or my computer that is causing this problem.
> Something with IE7 is causing the information to be blocked to the
> webpage.
> I have contacted ebay and Microsoft. Ebay couldn't find a problem on their
> end and microsoft free support didn't have the expertise to find a
> solution. I refuse to pay the ridiculous $59.00 per request after paying
> $19.95 a month for MSN for the last 4 years that they charge for technical
> support to deal with this. Has anybody else had this problem and if so did
> you find a solution and could you help a guy out. Thanks in advance for
> any
> help you can offer.

Tom H

Re: HTML uploaded pics. to website disappearing.
How do I remove IEy from my computer
--
thh

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> 1. First clear the Temporary Internet Files.
>
> 2. Is a browser add-on causing this?
> For troubleshooting information see:
> 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
>
> More at:
> Problem: Crashes or hangs
> http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp
>
> IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
>
> 3. Is a third-party security program blocking images- perhaps an ad-blocking
> feature?
> 936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
> Windows Vista:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)
>
> 4. More:
> 283807 - Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807
> - -
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Maetlman" <Maetlman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have an about me ebay page to which I through html added pictures to. At
> > the time I did this I had IE6 installed on my IBM W/Windows XP Home. The

> html
> > was completed correctly and for 2 years it was fine until I installed IE7.
> > Immediately after my pictures turned into the little items that show up

> when
> > a picture is supposed to be there but isn't. When I open up the same page
> > with my Outlook program the page shows the pictures properly so I know it

> is
> > not the html, ebay or my computer that is causing this problem. Something
> > with IE7 is causing the information to be blocked to the webpage. I have
> > contacted ebay and Microsoft. Ebay couldn't find a problem on their end

> and
> > microsoft free support didn't have the expertise to find a solution. I

> refuse
> > to pay the ridiculous $59.00 per request after paying $19.95 a month for

> MSN
> > for the last 4 years that they charge for technical support to deal with
> > this. Has anybody else had this problem and if so did you find a solution

> and
> > could you help a guy out. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
> > - -
> > David Herold

Steve Hebert

Re: HTML uploaded pics. to website disappearing.
You shouldn't tag onto an unrelated thread, but, if you're using Windows XP,
you can uninstall Windows Internet Explorer 7 from Control Panel's
Add/Remove Programs function.

Steve