Stack overflow

eyelikesports

Stack overflow
When viewing articles from NYTimes, and click on a new page, I keep getting a
stack overflow at line 873. What is causing this and how can I fix this
problem. I am using IE7, and am running Windows Live Care, along with
Counterspy antispyware.
eyelikesports

RE: Stack overflow
Additional info: I am running WinXP SP3

"eyelikesports" wrote:

> When viewing articles from NYTimes, and click on a new page, I keep getting a
> stack overflow at line 873. What is causing this and how can I fix this
> problem. I am using IE7, and am running Windows Live One Care, along with
> Counterspy antispyware.

VanguardLH

Re: Stack overflow
eyelikesports wrote:

> When viewing articles from NYTimes, and click on a new page, I keep getting a
> stack overflow at line 873. What is causing this and how can I fix this
> problem. I am using IE7, and am running Windows Live Care, along with
> Counterspy antispyware.

What happens when you start IE7 in its no add-ons mode? If it works
then, you installed an add-on to IE7 that is causing the problem.
eyelikesports

Re: Stack overflow
Thank you. I disabled many of the add-ons that I felt I did not need to be
running, and this seems to have taken care of the problem. I was not sure
how to run IE with out any add-ons running, but after I took the above
steps, I read other posts and found one that told how to run IE with NO
add-ons. Thanks again

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> eyelikesports wrote:
>
> > When viewing articles from NYTimes, and click on a new page, I keep getting a
> > stack overflow at line 873. What is causing this and how can I fix this
> > problem. I am using IE7, and am running Windows Live Care, along with
> > Counterspy antispyware.

> What happens when you start IE7 in its no add-ons mode? If it works
> then, you installed an add-on to IE7 that is causing the problem.

RP

Re: Stack overflow
"eyelikesports" <eyelikesports@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thank you. I disabled many of the add-ons that I felt I did not need
> to be
> running, and this seems to have taken care of the problem. I was not
> sure
> how to run IE with out any add-ons running, but after I took the
> above
> steps, I read other posts and found one that told how to run IE with
> NO
> add-ons. Thanks again

Well, do you want the rest of us go through the same discovery? How
about sharing how to do it.

RP

VanguardLH

Re: Stack overflow
RP wrote:

> "eyelikesports" <eyelikesports@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> Thank you. I disabled many of the add-ons that I felt I did not need
>> to be
>> running, and this seems to have taken care of the problem. I was not
>> sure
>> how to run IE with out any add-ons running, but after I took the
>> above
>> steps, I read other posts and found one that told how to run IE with
>> NO
>> add-ons. Thanks again

> Well, do you want the rest of us go through the same discovery? How
> about sharing how to do it.
>
> RP

Google works:
http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B"internet+explorer+7"+%2B"no+add-ons+mode"

So does searching Microsoft's huge support knowledgebase at
http://support.microsoft.com:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Disabling one add-on just means going into Internet Options -> Programs
-> Manage Add-ons.
eyelikesports

Re: Stack overflow
There are two ways to manage add-ons that I am aware of. When on the
internet , you can click on tools and then on manage add-on, there you can
disable or enable seperate add-ons. OR - you can right-click on the Internet
Icon on the desktop, from here you can use the internet with NO-add-ons mode.