IE7 won't open/start at all

Sacto

IE7 won't open/start at all
My OS is XP(professional) MCE ver. 2002 SP3, Computer is Dimension 9100.
The issue is when trying to start IE7 the curser turns into the hourglass
for about three seconds than nothing goes back to curser state(arrow). I had
task manager open just to see if a process is going on nothing. I tried
reinstalling IE7, clean boot
nothing works. I have been using a ADmin rights in my profile as well. I
have been using Mozilla Firefox with no problem. If i can get help to
resolve this issue i'll be grateful thanks

Re: IE7 won't open/start at all
=> Does the behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start
IE7 in No Add-ons mode:

1. Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without Add-ons;
or

2. Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer
(No add-ons).

=> Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE7 Advanced settings (RIES)?

=> Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Sacto wrote:
> My OS is XP(professional) MCE ver. 2002 SP3, Computer is Dimension 9100.
> The issue is when trying to start IE7 the curser turns into the hourglass
> for about three seconds than nothing goes back to curser state(arrow). I
> had
> task manager open just to see if a process is going on nothing. I tried
> reinstalling IE7, clean boot
> nothing works. I have been using a ADmin rights in my profile as well. I
> have been using Mozilla Firefox with no problem. If i can get help to
> resolve this issue i'll be grateful thanks

Patrick

RE: IE7 won't open/start at all
hi,

had this problem too,
uninstall and reinstallation fixed the problem on my windows server 2003
Sacto

Re: IE7 won't open/start at all

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> => Does the behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start
> IE7 in No Add-ons mode:
>
> 1. Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without Add-ons;
> or
>
> 2. Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer
> (No add-ons).

> => Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE7 Advanced settings (RIES)?
>
> => Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Sacto wrote:
> > My OS is XP(professional) MCE ver. 2002 SP3, Computer is Dimension 9100.
> > The issue is when trying to start IE7 the curser turns into the hourglass
> > for about three seconds than nothing goes back to curser state(arrow). I
> > had
> > task manager open just to see if a process is going on nothing. I tried
> > reinstalling IE7, clean boot
> > nothing works. I have been using a ADmin rights in my profile as well. I
> > have been using Mozilla Firefox with no problem. If i can get help to
> > resolve this issue i'll be grateful thanks

> PaBear and Patrick thanks for insights but Fellas I think its time to

reinstall my OS because of stuff thats happenning with it. I didn't
want to bring to the table and sooner or later I would had to do it . I
might as well set aside some time and knock it out and give my system
a clean bill of heath. So I'm going to close this post out again thks for
being prompt

Sacto

RE: IE7 won't open/start at all