Intermittent IE7 mshtmled.dll crash

town

Intermittent IE7 mshtmled.dll crash
An increasing number of our customers are getting a very intermittent crash
on a page within our application at the point at which the page attempts to
refresh itself via an AJAX callback.

The error signature is as follows:

AppName: iexplore.exe
AppVer: 7.0.6000.16735
ModName: mshtmled.dll
ModVer: 7.0.6000.16735
Offset: 00003a16

This is an incredibly intermittent problem - sometimes it can happen 3 or 4
times in a row doing the same action, then not happen again for several days
or even weeks on that very same action.

As far as i know, the mshtmled.dll handles HTML editing within a webpage,
but there is no HTML editing on the page in question.

I've tried running without add-ons but the problem still occurs.

Has anyone else come across a similar issue or could anyone give any
pointers on possible solutions?

Any help is very much appreciated at this stage!

town

RE: Intermittent IE7 mshtmled.dll crash
I've also tried resetting IE (Tools > Advanced > Reset), reinstalling IE,
running SFC but none of these have resolved the issue.
town

RE: Intermittent IE7 mshtmled.dll crash
I'd love to know how to edit posts...

The platform is exclusively Windows XP with SP2 that we've experienced the
issue on so far. That's not to say it won't happen on anything else, but
that's all we've heard so far.

Re: Intermittent IE7 mshtmled.dll crash
It would behoove you (and help us) to quote the previous post when replying
to this thread.

See these MSDN pages: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx and
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537623.aspx and
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740476.aspx

You can also post here instead:

MSDN IE Development Forums
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/def...D=253&SiteID=1
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

town wrote:
> I'd love to know how to edit posts...
>
> The platform is exclusively Windows XP with SP2 that we've experienced the
> issue on so far. That's not to say it won't happen on anything else, but
> that's all we've heard so far.

<paste1>
> I've also tried resetting IE (Tools > Advanced > Reset), reinstalling IE,
> running SFC but none of these have resolved the issue.

</paste1>
<paste2>
> An increasing number of our customers are getting a very intermittent
> crash
> on a page within our application at the point at which the page attempts
> refresh itself via an AJAX callback.
>
> The error signature is as follows:
>
> AppName: iexplore.exe
> AppVer: 7.0.6000.16735
> ModName: mshtmled.dll
> ModVer: 7.0.6000.16735
> Offset: 00003a16
>
> This is an incredibly intermittent problem - sometimes it can happen 3 or
> 4
> times in a row doing the same action, then not happen again for several
> days
> or even weeks on that very same action.
>
> As far as i know, the mshtmled.dll handles HTML editing within a webpage,
> but there is no HTML editing on the page in question.
>
> I've tried running without add-ons but the problem still occurs.
>
> Has anyone else come across a similar issue or could anyone give any
> pointers on possible solutions?
>
> Any help is very much appreciated at this stage!

</paste2>

town

Re: Intermittent IE7 mshtmled.dll crash
Cheers mate. I'll check out those pages, although they do look to be general
reference - the difficulty with the intermittant nature of the issue is that
it's hard to know where to start looking for solutions!

I'll stick a post on the IE development forum as well.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> It would behoove you (and help us) to quote the previous post when replying
> to this thread.
>
> See these MSDN pages: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx and
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537623.aspx and
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740476.aspx
>
> You can also post here instead:
>
> MSDN IE Development Forums
> http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/def...D=253&SiteID=1
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> town wrote:
> > I'd love to know how to edit posts...
> >
> > The platform is exclusively Windows XP with SP2 that we've experienced the
> > issue on so far. That's not to say it won't happen on anything else, but
> > that's all we've heard so far.

> <paste1>
> > I've also tried resetting IE (Tools > Advanced > Reset), reinstalling IE,
> > running SFC but none of these have resolved the issue.

> </paste1>
> <paste2>
> > An increasing number of our customers are getting a very intermittent
> > crash
> > on a page within our application at the point at which the page attempts
> > refresh itself via an AJAX callback.
> >
> > The error signature is as follows:
> >
> > AppName: iexplore.exe
> > AppVer: 7.0.6000.16735
> > ModName: mshtmled.dll
> > ModVer: 7.0.6000.16735
> > Offset: 00003a16
> >
> > This is an incredibly intermittent problem - sometimes it can happen 3 or
> > 4
> > times in a row doing the same action, then not happen again for several
> > days
> > or even weeks on that very same action.
> >
> > As far as i know, the mshtmled.dll handles HTML editing within a webpage,
> > but there is no HTML editing on the page in question.
> >
> > I've tried running without add-ons but the problem still occurs.
> >
> > Has anyone else come across a similar issue or could anyone give any
> > pointers on possible solutions?
> >
> > Any help is very much appreciated at this stage!

> </paste2>

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: Intermittent IE7 mshtmled.dll crash
You might want to check your clock and time zone. You seem to be about 20
minutes ahead of me.