Help with flash in IE7

Lenie

Help with flash in IE7
I am running XP SP2 and IE7, can anyone tell me why I can see this flash in
FF3 but not in IE7? I get a message saying error on page in IE7.
here is the link to the site..
http://www.chilloutzone.de/files/pla...CeeWCejXnHAS/c
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Lenie

Donald Anadell

Re: Help with flash in IE7

"Lenie" <lenie.s@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>I am running XP SP2 and IE7, can anyone tell me why I can see this flash in
>FF3 but not in IE7? I get a message saying error on page in IE7.
> here is the link to the site..
> http://www.chilloutzone.de/files/pla...CeeWCejXnHAS/c
> any help would be appreciated.

With IE7, in order to be able to click on a link that links directly to a
SWF file(as your link does) you have to have "Local Machine Lockdown"
enabled in order for the Object to be displayed in the Browser. Otherwise
you will get a blank screen with an error icon in the Status Bar.

To enable "Local Machine Lockdown", click on Tools||Internet
Options||Advanced||Security

Remove the checkmark in the box next to the item "Allow active content to
run in files on My Computer". Restart IE7 and then try your link.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Thanks
> Lenie

Lenie

Re: Help with flash in IE7

"Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message

> "Lenie" <lenie.s@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>I am running XP SP2 and IE7, can anyone tell me why I can see this flash
>>in FF3 but not in IE7? I get a message saying error on page in IE7.
>> here is the link to the site..
>> http://www.chilloutzone.de/files/pla...CeeWCejXnHAS/c
>> any help would be appreciated.

> With IE7, in order to be able to click on a link that links directly to a
> SWF file(as your link does) you have to have "Local Machine Lockdown"
> enabled in order for the Object to be displayed in the Browser. Otherwise
> you will get a blank screen with an error icon in the Status Bar.
>
> To enable "Local Machine Lockdown", click on Tools||Internet
> Options||Advanced||Security
>
> Remove the checkmark in the box next to the item "Allow active content to
> run in files on My Computer". Restart IE7 and then try your link.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

>> Thanks
>> Lenie

Thanks for your help, but that was already unchecked, any other idea's?

> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Lenie" <lenie.s@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>>I am running XP SP2 and IE7, can anyone tell me why I can see this flash
>>>in FF3 but not in IE7? I get a message saying error on page in IE7.
>>> here is the link to the site..
>>> http://www.chilloutzone.de/files/pla...CeeWCejXnHAS/c
>>> any help would be appreciated.

>> With IE7, in order to be able to click on a link that links directly to a
>> SWF file(as your link does) you have to have "Local Machine Lockdown"
>> enabled in order for the Object to be displayed in the Browser.
>> Otherwise you will get a blank screen with an error icon in the Status
>> Bar.
>>
>> To enable "Local Machine Lockdown", click on Tools||Internet
>> Options||Advanced||Security
>>
>> Remove the checkmark in the box next to the item "Allow active content to
>> run in files on My Computer". Restart IE7 and then try your link.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>>> Thanks
>>> Lenie
>>>

> Thanks for your help, but that was already unchecked, any other idea's?

Your link works perfectly well here in the following browsers, IE6, IE7, IE8
Beta 2, Firefox 3, Avant, and Opera.

Do you have any third party security applications that might be set to block
Flash?

Have you tried adding the domain to your Trusted Sites Zone?

As a last resort, you might try the Reset Internet Explorer Settings(RIES)
function, I would caution you to carefully read the following MS KB Article
before attempting to use RIES:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Good luck,

Donald Anadell