Internet explorer 7 constantly crashes on google websites

Arsen

Internet explorer 7 constantly crashes on google websites
I have windows Vista Ultimate and Internet explorer 7 constantly crashes on
google websites like Gmail, google analytics, google calendar and so on. It
either suddenly restarts on these websites or just hangs and I can do nothing
but kill the process. Started to happen few weeks ago all of a sudden, I
haven't installed any toolbars or modified IE during this time. Looks like
other people are also having this problem. Please do something about it

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Re: Internet explorer 7 constantly crashes on google websites
Doesn't happen here so I think YOU will need to do something about it.

In no certain order:

How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215

How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)

If no joy...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Arsen wrote:
> I have windows Vista Ultimate and Internet explorer 7 constantly crashes
> on
> google websites like Gmail, google analytics, google calendar and so on.
> It
> either suddenly restarts on these websites or just hangs and I can do
> nothing but kill the process. Started to happen few weeks ago all of a
> sudden, I haven't installed any toolbars or modified IE during this time.
> Looks like other people are also having this problem. Please do something
> about it

A V- @ M$

Re: Internet explorer 7 constantly crashes on google websites
You are wrong, PA Bear

IE7 crashes when viewing Google pages.

Arsen, use Firefox.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Doesn't happen here so I think YOU will need to do something about it.
>
> In no certain order:
>
> How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215
>
> How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213
>
> Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro
>
> If no joy...

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
>
> Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis log
> to an appropriate forum.
>
> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
> http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_R...:_Introduction
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/

> (http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use (in
> conjunction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix anything on
> its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove any
> hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or another appropriate forum for review
> by an expert in such matters, not here.**

> independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA or Geek Squad) computer repair shop.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Arsen wrote:
> > I have windows Vista Ultimate and Internet explorer 7 constantly crashes
> > on
> > google websites like Gmail, google analytics, google calendar and so on.
> > It
> > either suddenly restarts on these websites or just hangs and I can do
> > nothing but kill the process. Started to happen few weeks ago all of a
> > sudden, I haven't installed any toolbars or modified IE during this time.
> > Looks like other people are also having this problem. Please do something
> > about it

Robert Aldwinckle

"Arsen" <Arsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:915F1BF4-5783-43B4-B877-9116A31533D7@microsoft.com...
>I have windows Vista Ultimate and Internet explorer 7

constantly crashes on
> google websites like Gmail, google analytics, google calendar and so on.

> It either suddenly restarts on these websites or just hangs
> and I can do nothing but kill the process.

Neither of those symptoms would normally be characterized
as a "crash". Looks more like just some kind of non-response
to a request and perhaps a refresh after a timeout?

> Started to happen few weeks ago all of a sudden, I
> haven't installed any toolbars or modified IE during this time. Looks like
> other people are also having this problem.

> Please do something about it

You need to provide a lot more detail if someone
is to help you. E.g. are any of those problem sites you
gave as examples accessed with HTTP or are they all
using HTTPS? Give a scenario with each when such a wait
has occurred.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

thompsx3m

Re: Internet explorer 7 constantly crashes on google websites
(POSSIBLE FIX LISTED BELOW)

I've had MAJOR issues too with the IE7 and my google stuff. (e-mail,
calendar)

On OTHER computers (friends', laptop, etc.) with OLDER IE versions,
all my Google stuff works slick, so I am CONVINCED after months of
trial and error, that Google + IE 7 = problems, and not some other
variation of software/hardware/programs/platforms.

My NEW and BEST fix for this problem as of today that is still rather
untested? **** Type an "s" after the "http". ****

It INSTANTLY made my calendar look and act like normal. I'm still
playing with the e-mail qustion. AND need time to play with the
longevity issue of "will this ALWAYS work?" and "will it fix
EVERYTHING?" Please help me test it! Try typing in the "s". Put your
experiences of success or failure on this board!

Mike
Leonard Grey

Re: Internet explorer 7 constantly crashes on google websites
The normal way to connect with Google Mail is via https, no matter which
browser you use.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

thompsx3m wrote:
> (POSSIBLE FIX LISTED BELOW)
>
> I've had MAJOR issues too with the IE7 and my google stuff. (e-mail,
> calendar)
>
> On OTHER computers (friends', laptop, etc.) with OLDER IE versions,
> all my Google stuff works slick, so I am CONVINCED after months of
> trial and error, that Google + IE 7 = problems, and not some other
> variation of software/hardware/programs/platforms.
>
> My NEW and BEST fix for this problem as of today that is still rather
> untested? **** Type an "s" after the "http". ****
>
> It INSTANTLY made my calendar look and act like normal. I'm still
> playing with the e-mail qustion. AND need time to play with the
> longevity issue of "will this ALWAYS work?" and "will it fix
> EVERYTHING?" Please help me test it! Try typing in the "s". Put your
> experiences of success or failure on this board!
>
> Mike

Elaine

RE: Internet explorer 7 constantly crashes on google websites
I'm having this SAME PROBLEMN.I keep getting SEND error report and then the
stie CRASHES..I tired of trying to solve this.And I also get that I need a
newer version of Internet Explorrer.When I downloaded Explorer 8 It WAS NOT
compatible with AT&T YAHOO.So now all I get is NO use of the internet.PLEASE
HELP US ALL with this problemn

"Arsen" wrote:

> I have windows Vista Ultimate and Internet explorer 7 constantly crashes on
> google websites like Gmail, google analytics, google calendar and so on. It
> either suddenly restarts on these websites or just hangs and I can do nothing
> but kill the process. Started to happen few weeks ago all of a sudden, I
> haven't installed any toolbars or modified IE during this time. Looks like
> other people are also having this problem. Please do something about it

> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Elaine

Re: Internet explorer 7 constantly crashes on google websites
I've tried all these sites and it says I have no virus.
I've also tried the Windows site and have gotton no help and now I'm here.
Now they want me to SPEND $59.00 dollars to solve this issue by phone.I Have
ALL the nesscassary udates acoording to the udate site ,BUT STILL CRASHES
over and OVER