Making Internet Explorer remember the username and password for a particular site?

Spin

Making Internet Explorer remember the username and password for a particular site?
Gurus,

there is a web site that I frequent and the first time I went there IE asked
me if it wanted to have it remember the username and password. I said no
then, but now I want it to remember that. Where do I got in IE to make it
prompt me to remember the username and password for a particular site?

--
Spin

Touch Base

Re: Making Internet Explorer remember the username and password for a particular site?

"Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote in message
Gurus,

there is a web site that I frequent and the first time I went there IE asked
me if it wanted to have it remember the username and password. I said no
then, but now I want it to remember that. Where do I got in IE to make it
prompt me to remember the username and password for a particular site?

--
Spin

When posting a question in forums/newsgroups the version of Windows could be
pertinent.

Try this
http://www.watchingthenet.com/enable...passwords.html

--
Regards,
Touch Base

"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy
to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know
how to use my telephone."
(Bjarne Stroustrup)

Don Varnau

Re: Making Internet Explorer remember the username and password for a particular site?
Hi,
If the techniques at
http://www.watchingthenet.com/enable...passwords.html
don't work, one or two additional steps may be necessary.

1. Download, install and run IE PassView
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/interne..._password.html Delete any data
for the site which does not provide the prompt.

2. If step 1 doesn't work, recover all saved passwords with IE Passview then
delete all stored passwords from Internet Options> Content> Autocomplete.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Gurus,
>
> there is a web site that I frequent and the first time I went there IE

asked
> me if it wanted to have it remember the username and password. I said no
> then, but now I want it to remember that. Where do I got in IE to make it
> prompt me to remember the username and password for a particular site?
>

> Spin

Touch Base

Re: Making Internet Explorer remember the username and password for a particular site?

Hi Don,
Thanks for the additional data re IE PassView. A very useful tool

--
Regards,
Touch Base

Don Varnau

Re: Making Internet Explorer remember the username and password for a particular site?
YW.

Don