Incorrect page info

WAPJRAY NET>

Incorrect page info
Using WinXP, IE7 or IE8 makes no difference.

I want to go to
https://login.fidelity.com/ftgw/Fide...ummary/summary.
(I have been going to this page daily for over a year with no problem.)
I get the error message; UNAVAILABLE Sorry. This page is currently
not available. Our technicians are at work updating this section and will
restore service as soon as possible.
Per a phone call to the web site, I am told the web site provider IS NOT
working on this site and suggested I try Firefox.
I did and the page loads correctly.
WHY? All other links and favorites seem to work correctly!
Upgrading to IE8 made no difference.
Using other computers in the household loaded the page correctly.
What is happening here? How do I fix it?

Re: Incorrect page info
posting to this newsgroup.

in the background when you installed IE7 (and/or WinXP SP3)?

=> Does the behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start
IE7 in No Add-ons mode:

1. Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without
Add-ons; or

2. Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
Explorer (No add-ons).

=> Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE7 Advanced settings (RIES)?

=> Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

> Using WinXP, IE7 or IE8 makes no difference.
>
> I want to go to
> https://login.fidelity.com/ftgw/Fide...ummary/summary.
> (I have been going to this page daily for over a year with no problem.)
> I get the error message; UNAVAILABLE Sorry. This page is currently
> not available. Our technicians are at work updating this section and will
> restore service as soon as possible.
> Per a phone call to the web site, I am told the web site provider IS NOT
> working on this site and suggested I try Firefox.
> I did and the page loads correctly.
> WHY? All other links and favorites seem to work correctly!
> Upgrading to IE8 made no difference.
> Using other computers in the household loaded the page correctly.
> What is happening here? How do I fix it?

WAPJRAY NET>

Re: Incorrect page info
Sorry, I am using Win XP SP3.
Firewall is Zone Alarm.
Virus is AVG.
Using Win Defender, WinPatrol and SpywareBlaster.

Firewall and Virus were shut down when I reloaded IE7 at programs prompt. No
such prompt was given when installing IE8.

Currently using IE8 and disabling add ons does not affect problem.

After reloading IE7, I reset all settings, no change. IE8 is new and reset
all settings has no effect.

Starting in Safe mode w/networking has no effect.

Could this somehow be a registry problem?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> posting to this newsgroup.

> What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running
> in the background when you installed IE7 (and/or WinXP SP3)?
>
> => Does the behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start
> IE7 in No Add-ons mode:
>
> 1. Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without
> Add-ons; or
>
> 2. Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
> Explorer (No add-ons).

> => Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE7 Advanced settings (RIES)?
>
> => Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> > Using WinXP, IE7 or IE8 makes no difference.
> >
> > I want to go to
> > https://login.fidelity.com/ftgw/Fide...ummary/summary.
> > (I have been going to this page daily for over a year with no problem.)
> > I get the error message; UNAVAILABLE Sorry. This page is currently
> > not available. Our technicians are at work updating this section and will
> > restore service as soon as possible.
> > Per a phone call to the web site, I am told the web site provider IS NOT
> > working on this site and suggested I try Firefox.
> > I did and the page loads correctly.
> > WHY? All other links and favorites seem to work correctly!
> > Upgrading to IE8 made no difference.
> > Using other computers in the household loaded the page correctly.
> > What is happening here? How do I fix it?

Re: Incorrect page info
Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3?

> Firewall and Virus were shut down when I reloaded IE7 at programs prompt.
> No
> such prompt was given when installing IE8.

Nevertheless, both AVG and ZA should have been disabled (and the Windows
Firewall enabled) before (re)installing IE7 or IE8B2 and when uninstalling
IE8B2. Did you do so before installing WinXP SP3?
--
~PA Bear

> Sorry, I am using Win XP SP3.
> Firewall is Zone Alarm.
> Virus is AVG.
> Using Win Defender, WinPatrol and SpywareBlaster.
>
> Firewall and Virus were shut down when I reloaded IE7 at programs prompt.
> No
> such prompt was given when installing IE8.
>
> Currently using IE8 and disabling add ons does not affect problem.
>
> After reloading IE7, I reset all settings, no change. IE8 is new and reset
> all settings has no effect.
>
> Starting in Safe mode w/networking has no effect.
>
> Could this somehow be a registry problem?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup.

>> applications running in the background when you installed IE7 (and/or
>> WinXP SP3)?
>>
>> => Does the behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To
>> start
>> IE7 in No Add-ons mode:
>>
>> 1. Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without
>> Add-ons; or
>>
>> 2. Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
>> Explorer (No add-ons).
>>
>> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
>>
>> => Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE7 Advanced settings (RIES)?
>>
>> => Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
>> [Careful! Only remain in Safe Mode just long enough to test!]
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>

>>> Using WinXP, IE7 or IE8 makes no difference.
>>>
>>> I want to go to
>>> https://login.fidelity.com/ftgw/Fide...ummary/summary.
>>> (I have been going to this page daily for over a year with no problem.)
>>> I get the error message; UNAVAILABLE Sorry. This page is
>>> currently
>>> not available. Our technicians are at work updating this section and
>>> will
>>> restore service as soon as possible.
>>> Per a phone call to the web site, I am told the web site provider IS NOT
>>> working on this site and suggested I try Firefox.
>>> I did and the page loads correctly.
>>> WHY? All other links and favorites seem to work correctly!
>>> Upgrading to IE8 made no difference.
>>> Using other computers in the household loaded the page correctly.
>>> What is happening here? How do I fix it?

WAPJRAY NET>

Re: Incorrect page info
Boy, you ask hard questions! I'm old and the memory is failing!
Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3? I don't remember!
Did you do so before installing WinXP SP3? Again I don't remember!
I don't think that WinXP SP3 or IE7 or IE8 that I am currently using are the
real culprits here since I was using this web page consistently for over a
year with XP & IE7 with no problems. It has only been in the past week or so
that I have been unable to access my account!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3?
>
> > Firewall and Virus were shut down when I reloaded IE7 at programs prompt.
> > No
> > such prompt was given when installing IE8.

> Nevertheless, both AVG and ZA should have been disabled (and the Windows
> Firewall enabled) before (re)installing IE7 or IE8B2 and when uninstalling
> IE8B2. Did you do so before installing WinXP SP3?
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> > Sorry, I am using Win XP SP3.
> > Firewall is Zone Alarm.
> > Virus is AVG.
> > Using Win Defender, WinPatrol and SpywareBlaster.
> >
> > Firewall and Virus were shut down when I reloaded IE7 at programs prompt.
> > No
> > such prompt was given when installing IE8.
> >
> > Currently using IE8 and disabling add ons does not affect problem.
> >
> > After reloading IE7, I reset all settings, no change. IE8 is new and reset
> > all settings has no effect.
> >
> > Starting in Safe mode w/networking has no effect.
> >
> > Could this somehow be a registry problem?
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> >> posting to this newsgroup.
> >>
> >> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> >> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
> >> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these
> >> applications running in the background when you installed IE7 (and/or
> >> WinXP SP3)?
> >>
> >> => Does the behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To
> >> start
> >> IE7 in No Add-ons mode:
> >>
> >> 1. Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without
> >> Add-ons; or
> >>
> >> 2. Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
> >> Explorer (No add-ons).
> >>
> >> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
> >> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
> >>
> >> => Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE7 Advanced settings (RIES)?
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 <= Read before using!
> >>
> >> => Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
> >> [Careful! Only remain in Safe Mode just long enough to test!]
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: Incorrect page info
If IE7 was installed first, it would be listed in Add/Remove Programs but
the REMOVE button wouldn't be available.

> It has only been in the past week or so
> that I have been unable to access my account!

I was afraid you'd say that.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

> Boy, you ask hard questions! I'm old and the memory is failing!
> Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3? I don't remember!
> Did you do so before installing WinXP SP3? Again I don't remember!
> I don't think that WinXP SP3 or IE7 or IE8 that I am currently using are
> the
> real culprits here since I was using this web page consistently for over a
> year with XP & IE7 with no problems. It has only been in the past week or
> so
> that I have been unable to access my account!
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3?
>>
>>> Firewall and Virus were shut down when I reloaded IE7 at programs
>>> prompt.
>>> No
>>> such prompt was given when installing IE8.

>> Nevertheless, both AVG and ZA should have been disabled (and the Windows
>> Firewall enabled) before (re)installing IE7 or IE8B2 and when
>> uninstalling
>> IE8B2. Did you do so before installing WinXP SP3?
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>
>>> Sorry, I am using Win XP SP3.
>>> Firewall is Zone Alarm.
>>> Virus is AVG.
>>> Using Win Defender, WinPatrol and SpywareBlaster.
>>>
>>> Firewall and Virus were shut down when I reloaded IE7 at programs
>>> prompt.
>>> No
>>> such prompt was given when installing IE8.
>>>
>>> Currently using IE8 and disabling add ons does not affect problem.
>>>
>>> After reloading IE7, I reset all settings, no change. IE8 is new and
>>> reset
>>> all settings has no effect.
>>>
>>> Starting in Safe mode w/networking has no effect.
>>>
>>> Could this somehow be a registry problem?

WAPJRAY NET>

Re: Incorrect page info
MS Win Malicious software tool found nothing!
Win Defender found nothing!
About Buster found nothing!
AdAware found a MRU object that I deleted. I ran the scan again and found
the same MRU?
See below; is that a valid registry key?
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <Infections Comment="Created with Ad-Aware">
- <Family Name="MRUObject">
<Item Value="MRU Registry Key:
S-1-5-21-3895280622-3624124867-2361959980-1006\Software\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\TypedURLs Count: 1" />
</Family>
</Infections>
I ran “regedit” and searched for the above key and found nothing????
AVG scan found nothing.
I looked at Add/Remove programs, saw nothing suspicious.
My computer/explore showed nothing suspicious.
HELP!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> If IE7 was installed first, it would be listed in Add/Remove Programs but
> the REMOVE button wouldn't be available.
>
> > It has only been in the past week or so
> > that I have been unable to access my account!

> I was afraid you'd say that.

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
>
> Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis log
> to an appropriate forum.
>
> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
> http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_R...:_Introduction
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/

> (http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use (in
> conjunction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix anything on
> its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove any
> hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or another appropriate forum for review
> by an expert in such matters, not here.**

> independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA or Geek Squad) computer repair shop.
>
> > Boy, you ask hard questions! I'm old and the memory is failing!
> > Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3? I don't remember!
> > Did you do so before installing WinXP SP3? Again I don't remember!
> > I don't think that WinXP SP3 or IE7 or IE8 that I am currently using are
> > the
> > real culprits here since I was using this web page consistently for over a
> > year with XP & IE7 with no problems. It has only been in the past week or
> > so
> > that I have been unable to access my account!
> >

> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3?

> >> Nevertheless, both AVG and ZA should have been disabled (and the Windows
> >> Firewall enabled) before (re)installing IE7 or IE8B2 and when
> >> uninstalling
> >> IE8B2. Did you do so before installing WinXP SP3?
> >> --
> >> ~PA Bear

Re: Incorrect page info
Please cite a link to the forum thread where you've posted your HijackThis
log for review by an expert in such matters.

http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/...p?f=11&t=36900

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please cite a link to the forum thread where you've posted your HijackThis
> log for review by an expert in such matters.
>
> > MS Win Malicious software tool found nothing!
> > Win Defender found nothing!
> > About Buster found nothing!
> > AdAware found a MRU object that I deleted. I ran the scan again and found
> > the same MRU?
> > See below; is that a valid registry key?
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
> > - <Infections Comment="Created with Ad-Aware">
> > - <Family Name="MRUObject">
> > <Item Value="MRU Registry Key:
> > S-1-5-21-3895280622-3624124867-2361959980-1006\Software\Microsoft\Internet
> > Explorer\TypedURLs Count: 1" />
> > </Family>
> > </Infections>
> > I ran “regedit” and searched for the above key and found nothing????
> > AVG scan found nothing.
> > I looked at Add/Remove programs, saw nothing suspicious.
> > My computer/explore showed nothing suspicious.
> > HELP!
> >

> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> If IE7 was installed first, it would be listed in Add/Remove Programs but
> >> the REMOVE button wouldn't be available.

> >> I was afraid you'd say that.
> >>
> >> Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
> >>
> >> Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
> >> log to an appropriate forum.
> >>
> >> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
> >> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> >> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> >> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
> >> http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_R...:_Introduction
> >> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> >> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/data/prevention.htm
> >> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/tshoot.html
> >> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
> >> http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
> >> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...moving_Malware
> >>
> >> When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
> >> (http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use
> >> (in conjunction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix
> >> anything on its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove any
> >> hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
> >> http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...php?board=10.0,
> >> http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22,
> >> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or another appropriate forum for
> >> review by an expert in such matters, not here.**
> >>
> >> If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
> >> this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local, reputable and
> >> independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA or Geek Squad) computer repair
> >> shop.

Re: Incorrect page info
Did you read and adhere to
http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/....php?f=11&t=12 and
http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/...p?f=11&t=32084 before you
posted your log?

If you download/run the Norton Removal Tool and reboot, does the behavior
persist?

NB: It may be prudent to uninstall AVG 8, reboot, and reinstall it after
running the Removal Tool!

If you disable ZoneAlarm *and then enable the Windows Firewall*, does the
behavior persist?

Did this behavior occur before you installed (and then uninstalled) Internet
Download Accelerator?

The fact that the Norton "leftovers" were still present and that you may not
have disabled AVG and ZA prior to installing (and/or uninstalling and/or
reinstalling, as the case may be) IE7, WinXP SP3, and/or IE8B2 could be the
cause of the behavior.

In any event, there's a few things of concern in your HijackThis log.
Considering the Thanksgiving holiday weekend in the US, see the section "If
no expert has replied after..." at the top of the forum page if no one has
responded to your post by 21:00 UTC (4:00 PM EST) on Friday, 28 Nov-08.

Good luck.
--
~PA Bear