Address Bar

DeeDee

Address Bar
When I am in the internet explores the adress bar not only shows web
addresses but also where I have been on my computer on the drop down. Such as
DeeDee's Files etc. How do I change it so it only shows web addresses?
Please help, it drives me crazy. Thank you.

Re: Address Bar
WYSIWYG

DeeDee wrote:
> When I am in the internet explores the adress bar not only shows web
> addresses but also where I have been on my computer on the drop down. Such
> as DeeDee's Files etc. How do I change it so it only shows web addresses?
> Please help, it drives me crazy. Thank you.

DeeDee

Re: Address Bar
Until I reloaded Vista this never happened, Why?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> WYSIWYG
>
> DeeDee wrote:
> > When I am in the internet explores the adress bar not only shows web
> > addresses but also where I have been on my computer on the drop down. Such
> > as DeeDee's Files etc. How do I change it so it only shows web addresses?
> > Please help, it drives me crazy. Thank you.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Address Bar

"DeeDee" <DeeDee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CEA173B-53D3-4163-9B08-D9BBD6D0BC0B@microsoft.com...
> Until I reloaded Vista this never happened, Why?

What did you have before? I have always had NTx (e.g. NT4+WDU and XP)
and that feature has always been there AFAIK. I think I even saw it on my
mother's Win95+WDU, so I suspect it was a feature included with WDU.

I have asked of others who complained about this what happens if they
delete the My Computer entry in History (e.g. in View By Site).
Does Vista have that entry (or something equivalent)?
Have you tried deleting it? (Right-click, Delete.) What happens?

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> WYSIWYG
>>
>> DeeDee wrote:
>> > When I am in the internet explores the adress bar not only shows web
>> > addresses but also where I have been on my computer on the drop down. Such
>> > as DeeDee's Files etc. How do I change it so it only shows web addresses?
>> > Please help, it drives me crazy. Thank you.

DeeDee

Re: Address Bar
I had XP on my old computer but when I bought this one it had Vista. I guess
it will have to be as is. Can't figure out anything else. Nothing else seems
to work. But thanks for your help. I appreciate it, DeeDee

"DeeDee" <DeeDee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E856BB1E-1B26-4646-934C-3C07E4289EA3@microsoft.com...
>I had XP on my old computer but when I bought this one it had Vista. I guess
> it will have to be as is. Can't figure out anything else.

> Nothing else seems to work. But thanks for your help. I appreciate it, DeeDee

Does that mean that you found a My Computer entry
or its equivalent in the View By Sites view of History
and tried to delete it?

---