Internet keeps Freezing when trying to open up pop-up windows in a

Dochill11

Internet keeps Freezing when trying to open up pop-up windows in a
I am not sure how to explain the problem, but I have to keep shutting down IE
when I try to open new windows because it keeps freezing. For example, after
I logged into the sight, I clicked on the New button to post a new question,
and the opo-up window that opened said http:gieco.com, which is a website I
visited the previus evening.

However, the window just stays blank and does not go the site I was trying
to access or to the site it has listed in the URL. It just freezes up and I
have to completely close IE and lose all the windows or programs I have open.

I ran a complete scan on my computer and there are no viruses, and there was
nothing wrong. This is very frustrating!!!!! I am in medical school, and I
depend a great deal on the internet. i cannot be very productive when I have
to close IE every 5 to 10 minutes due to this problem, especially in class.
Can someone please help!!! I have no clue wha the problem is or how to fix
it.

Thank you!

Re: Internet keeps Freezing when trying to open up pop-up windows in a
Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
Vista SP1) when posting to this newsgroup.

> ...I am in medical school...

Heaven help us! <eg>
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Dochill11 wrote:
> I am not sure how to explain the problem, but I have to keep shutting down
> IE when I try to open new windows because it keeps freezing. For example,
> after I logged into the sight, I clicked on the New button to post a new
> question, and the opo-up window that opened said http:gieco.com, which is
> website I visited the previus evening.
>
> However, the window just stays blank and does not go the site I was trying
> to access or to the site it has listed in the URL. It just freezes up and
> have to completely close IE and lose all the windows or programs I have
> open.
>
> I ran a complete scan on my computer and there are no viruses, and there
> was
> nothing wrong. This is very frustrating!!!!! I am in medical school, and
> depend a great deal on the internet. i cannot be very productive when I
> have to close IE every 5 to 10 minutes due to this problem, especially in
> class. Can someone please help!!! I have no clue wha the problem is or
> how
> to fix it.
>
> Thank you!

Leonard Grey

Re: Internet keeps Freezing when trying to open up pop-up windowsin a
It would be helpful if we knew what version of Internet Explorer you
have and what version of Windows you use (including which service pack.)

If your medical school is part of a larger university there may be a
more convenient way for students to get help with their computers.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine

Dochill11 wrote:
> I am not sure how to explain the problem, but I have to keep shutting down IE
> when I try to open new windows because it keeps freezing. For example, after
> I logged into the sight, I clicked on the New button to post a new question,
> and the opo-up window that opened said http:gieco.com, which is a website I
> visited the previus evening.
>
> However, the window just stays blank and does not go the site I was trying
> to access or to the site it has listed in the URL. It just freezes up and I
> have to completely close IE and lose all the windows or programs I have open.
>
> I ran a complete scan on my computer and there are no viruses, and there was
> nothing wrong. This is very frustrating!!!!! I am in medical school, and I
> depend a great deal on the internet. i cannot be very productive when I have
> to close IE every 5 to 10 minutes due to this problem, especially in class.
> Can someone please help!!! I have no clue wha the problem is or how to fix
> it.
>
> Thank you!

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"Dochill11" <Dochill11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am not sure how to explain the problem, but I have to keep shutting down
>IE
> when I try to open new windows because it keeps freezing. For example,
> after
> I logged into the sight, I clicked on the New button to post a new
> question,
> and the opo-up window that opened said http:gieco.com, which is a website
> visited the previus evening.
>
> However, the window just stays blank and does not go the site I was trying
> to access or to the site it has listed in the URL. It just freezes up and
> have to completely close IE and lose all the windows or programs I have
> open.
>
> I ran a complete scan on my computer and there are no viruses, and there
> was
> nothing wrong. This is very frustrating!!!!! I am in medical school, and
> depend a great deal on the internet. i cannot be very productive when I
> have
> to close IE every 5 to 10 minutes due to this problem, especially in
> class.
> Can someone please help!!! I have no clue wha the problem is or how to
> fix
> it.
>
> Thank you!

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages, including HijackThis.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
of.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Dochill11

Re: Internet keeps Freezing when trying to open up pop-up windows
Sorry, I was overwhelmed by my frustration.

I am running IE 7, on Vista. It is an HP tablet 2510 and it is barely a
month old so I wouldn't think it would have problems. I don't know what a
service pack is so I can't answer that question.

Thanks!

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> It would be helpful if we knew what version of Internet Explorer you
> have and what version of Windows you use (including which service pack.)
>
> If your medical school is part of a larger university there may be a
> more convenient way for students to get help with their computers.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine
>
> Dochill11 wrote:
> > I am not sure how to explain the problem, but I have to keep shutting down IE
> > when I try to open new windows because it keeps freezing. For example, after
> > I logged into the sight, I clicked on the New button to post a new question,
> > and the opo-up window that opened said http:gieco.com, which is a website I
> > visited the previus evening.
> >
> > However, the window just stays blank and does not go the site I was trying
> > to access or to the site it has listed in the URL. It just freezes up and I
> > have to completely close IE and lose all the windows or programs I have open.
> >
> > I ran a complete scan on my computer and there are no viruses, and there was
> > nothing wrong. This is very frustrating!!!!! I am in medical school, and I
> > depend a great deal on the internet. i cannot be very productive when I have
> > to close IE every 5 to 10 minutes due to this problem, especially in class.
> > Can someone please help!!! I have no clue wha the problem is or how to fix
> > it.
> >
> > Thank you!

Dochill11

Re: Internet keeps Freezing when trying to open up pop-up windows
sorry, my frustrations over problems and impending exam, got the best of me.

IE 6, Windows Vista SP1? I am sure on the Vista but don't know about the
SP1 part

Thanks

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
> Vista SP1) when posting to this newsgroup.
>
> > ...I am in medical school...

> Heaven help us! <eg>
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Dochill11 wrote:
> > I am not sure how to explain the problem, but I have to keep shutting down
> > IE when I try to open new windows because it keeps freezing. For example,
> > after I logged into the sight, I clicked on the New button to post a new
> > question, and the opo-up window that opened said http:gieco.com, which is
> > website I visited the previus evening.
> >
> > However, the window just stays blank and does not go the site I was trying
> > to access or to the site it has listed in the URL. It just freezes up and
> > have to completely close IE and lose all the windows or programs I have
> > open.
> >
> > I ran a complete scan on my computer and there are no viruses, and there
> > was
> > nothing wrong. This is very frustrating!!!!! I am in medical school, and
> > depend a great deal on the internet. i cannot be very productive when I
> > have to close IE every 5 to 10 minutes due to this problem, especially in
> > class. Can someone please help!!! I have no clue wha the problem is or
> > how
> > to fix it.
> >
> > Thank you!

Re: Internet keeps Freezing when trying to open up pop-up windows
If you're running Vista, you're running IE7. (See IE Help | About.)

Right-clicking on My Computer and selecting Properties will tell you if
you're running Vista or Vista SP1.

That being said and given nothing else to work with...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm