Internet explorer 7 close automatically when opening certain webpa

Juanito

Internet explorer 7 close automatically when opening certain webpa
Hello,

Recently I experience some problems with internet explorer 7.
The problem is that when I open certain internet pages, internet explorer
close automatically. This even happens with certain microsoft pages like the
clipart website: office.microsoft.com/clipart/

I have internet explorer 7 and Windows XP and currently have installed
Office 2007

Thanks for your help

Leonard Grey

Re: Internet explorer 7 close automatically when opening certainwebpa
Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine

Juanito wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Recently I experience some problems with internet explorer 7.
> The problem is that when I open certain internet pages, internet explorer
> close automatically. This even happens with certain microsoft pages like the
> clipart website: office.microsoft.com/clipart/
>
> I have internet explorer 7 and Windows XP and currently have installed
> Office 2007
>
> Thanks for your help

Re: Internet explorer 7 close automatically when opening certain webpa
1. Does this behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start
IE7 in No Add-ons mode:

• Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without
Add-ons; or

• Start > (All) Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet
Explorer (No add-ons).

2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE7 Settings (RIES)?

3. If you uninstall (a) IE7 *exactly* per the link below (which
automatically returns you to IE6), (b) all toolbars and (c) all third-party
Windows Themes (including Window Blinds) and do NOT reinstall IE7, does this
behavior persist?

NB: If it does, do NOT reinstall IE7.

Uninstalling IE7
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html
[Only use the Command %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe if you cannot
uninstall via Add/Remove Programs! It's safe to ignore any "such and such
may not work" warnings. Ignore any references to Vista on the webpage.]

Also see:

IE7 (Un)Installation and Anti-Malware Applications:

4. Assuming IE6 does not have these problems (other than opening a link in a
new tab, which will not be available), the follow is required reading IMHO
before reinstalling IE7:

Sandi's Installation Tips <= Steps #1-8, #10 & #11; take note of #12, then
STOP
http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install [Again, ignore any
references to Vista]

I strongly recommend using
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx as the

Or use this Download link:
(Tip: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it.)

5. Make *certain* that you check in at Windows Update immediately after
reinstalling IE7 to install any critical updates offered. If Optional
Software Updates category offers Root Certificates update, opt to install it
to take full advantage of IE7's additional security.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/