IE7 consistently, quickly closes. IE settings button not visible.

Davej1608

IE7 consistently, quickly closes. IE settings button not visible.
Hi, I have checked out IE8 but it affected McAfee and I tried to revert back
to IE7. IE 7 opens but consistently quickly closes. The IE Settings button no
longer appears in Control Panel so I cannot reset. Any ideas on reinstalling
IE7 fully after uninstalling IE8? I am working on XP Professional. Dave
ju.c

Re: IE7 consistently, quickly closes. IE settings button not visible.
Try this:

IE7 Exits Immediately After Starting

Open the Run box and enter:
regsvr32.exe "%programfiles%\Internet Explorer\IEProxy.dll"

Microsoft Help Page:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928427/en-us

ju.c

"Davej1608" <Davej1608@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDE46453-85C8-4245-9EF3-F2BDAA6743C7@microsoft.com...
> Hi, I have checked out IE8 but it affected McAfee and I tried to revert back
> to IE7. IE 7 opens but consistently quickly closes. The IE Settings button no
> longer appears in Control Panel so I cannot reset. Any ideas on reinstalling
> IE7 fully after uninstalling IE8? I am working on XP Professional. Dave

Davej1608

Re: IE7 consistently, quickly closes. IE settings button not visib

Hi, Thanks. Tried this and received a "succeeded" message but no change in
problem. Dave

"ju.c" wrote:

> Try this:
>
> IE7 Exits Immediately After Starting
>
> Open the Run box and enter:
> regsvr32.exe "%programfiles%\Internet Explorer\IEProxy.dll"
>
> Microsoft Help Page:
>

> ju.c
>

> "Davej1608" <Davej1608@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDE46453-85C8-4245-9EF3-F2BDAA6743C7@microsoft.com...
> > Hi, I have checked out IE8 but it affected McAfee and I tried to revert back
> > to IE7. IE 7 opens but consistently quickly closes. The IE Settings button no
> > longer appears in Control Panel so I cannot reset. Any ideas on reinstalling
> > IE7 fully after uninstalling IE8? I am working on XP Professional. Dave

Re: IE7 consistently, quickly closes. IE settings button not visible.
No McAfee application is supported in IE8 Beta 2. Judging from the same
experience others have had, you will need to format & reinstall WinXP if you
did not fully disable the McAfee application before you installed or
uninstalled IE8 Beta 2. Such are the risks of installing any beta
application, Dave. Good luck!
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Davej1608 wrote:
> Hi, I have checked out IE8 but it affected McAfee and I tried to revert
> back
> to IE7. IE 7 opens but consistently quickly closes. The IE Settings button
> no longer appears in Control Panel so I cannot reset. Any ideas on
> reinstalling IE7 fully after uninstalling IE8? I am working on XP
> Professional. Dave

Davej1608

Re: IE7 consistently, quickly closes. IE settings button not visib
Thanks. I am very new to PC's so thanks for any help. This file contains a
similar problem, is this what you refer to? Cheers

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917964

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> No McAfee application is supported in IE8 Beta 2. Judging from the same
> experience others have had, you will need to format & reinstall WinXP if you
> did not fully disable the McAfee application before you installed or
> uninstalled IE8 Beta 2. Such are the risks of installing any beta
> application, Dave. Good luck!
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Davej1608 wrote:
> > Hi, I have checked out IE8 but it affected McAfee and I tried to revert
> > back
> > to IE7. IE 7 opens but consistently quickly closes. The IE Settings button
> > no longer appears in Control Panel so I cannot reset. Any ideas on
> > reinstalling IE7 fully after uninstalling IE8? I am working on XP
> > Professional. Dave

Re: IE7 consistently, quickly closes. IE settings button not visib
No, a Repair Install will NOT correct the problem, Dave. You'll need to
format & reinstall Windows now.