IE7 Pages

elittlebit32

IE7 Pages
I was wondering if anyone can help. I play games alot on ie7 but when the
game comes up in a new window i have like a long search bar at the top which
tells the name of the game and my screenname in it and it was never there
before with the with ie that came on my computer. Is there anyway to stop it
from being at the top of my screen? And i have heard people change back to
their old IE in add in remove programs but i only see IE7 there and not the
original...so will i be able to remove IE7 still?
Thanks,
Elizabeth
Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 Pages
I'll show you how to remove those toolbars (address bar and status bar),
but you should know that those toolbars are important security features
that many people have requested.

In earlier versions of Windows, web developers could open a window
without telling you where the content was coming from. You could be
looking at a phished or malicious web site and never know. Starting with
IE 7, you can see exactly where you are because now all windows have
address and status bars.

To eliminate the bars: Control Panel > Internet Options > Security tab >
Internet Zone > Allow websites to open windows without address or status
bars.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine

elittlebit32 wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone can help. I play games alot on ie7 but when the
> game comes up in a new window i have like a long search bar at the top which
> tells the name of the game and my screenname in it and it was never there
> before with the with ie that came on my computer. Is there anyway to stop it
> from being at the top of my screen? And i have heard people change back to
> their old IE in add in remove programs but i only see IE7 there and not the
> original...so will i be able to remove IE7 still?
> Thanks,
> Elizabeth

elittlebit32

Re: IE7 Pages
Tahnk you but i just tried it and the box to disable it is already checked.
Is there anything else i could do that you know of?

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> I'll show you how to remove those toolbars (address bar and status bar),
> but you should know that those toolbars are important security features
> that many people have requested.
>
> In earlier versions of Windows, web developers could open a window
> without telling you where the content was coming from. You could be
> looking at a phished or malicious web site and never know. Starting with
> IE 7, you can see exactly where you are because now all windows have
> address and status bars.
>
> To eliminate the bars: Control Panel > Internet Options > Security tab >
> Internet Zone > Allow websites to open windows without address or status
> bars.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine
>
> elittlebit32 wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone can help. I play games alot on ie7 but when the
> > game comes up in a new window i have like a long search bar at the top which
> > tells the name of the game and my screenname in it and it was never there
> > before with the with ie that came on my computer. Is there anyway to stop it
> > from being at the top of my screen? And i have heard people change back to
> > their old IE in add in remove programs but i only see IE7 there and not the
> > original...so will i be able to remove IE7 still?
> > Thanks,
> > Elizabeth

elittlebit32

Re: IE7 Pages
Thank you but i just tried it and the box is already checked to disable it.
Is there anything else that i could try?

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> I'll show you how to remove those toolbars (address bar and status bar),
> but you should know that those toolbars are important security features
> that many people have requested.
>
> In earlier versions of Windows, web developers could open a window
> without telling you where the content was coming from. You could be
> looking at a phished or malicious web site and never know. Starting with
> IE 7, you can see exactly where you are because now all windows have
> address and status bars.
>
> To eliminate the bars: Control Panel > Internet Options > Security tab >
> Internet Zone > Allow websites to open windows without address or status
> bars.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine
>
> elittlebit32 wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone can help. I play games alot on ie7 but when the
> > game comes up in a new window i have like a long search bar at the top which
> > tells the name of the game and my screenname in it and it was never there
> > before with the with ie that came on my computer. Is there anyway to stop it
> > from being at the top of my screen? And i have heard people change back to
> > their old IE in add in remove programs but i only see IE7 there and not the
> > original...so will i be able to remove IE7 still?
> > Thanks,
> > Elizabeth

Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 Pages
Nope, that's the only way I know.
---

elittlebit32 wrote:
> Tahnk you but i just tried it and the box to disable it is already checked.
> Is there anything else i could do that you know of?
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> I'll show you how to remove those toolbars (address bar and status bar),
>> but you should know that those toolbars are important security features
>> that many people have requested.
>>
>> In earlier versions of Windows, web developers could open a window
>> without telling you where the content was coming from. You could be
>> looking at a phished or malicious web site and never know. Starting with
>> IE 7, you can see exactly where you are because now all windows have
>> address and status bars.
>>
>> To eliminate the bars: Control Panel > Internet Options > Security tab >
>> Internet Zone > Allow websites to open windows without address or status
>> bars.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare Humanum Est
>>
>> Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine
>>
>> elittlebit32 wrote:
>>> I was wondering if anyone can help. I play games alot on ie7 but when the
>>> game comes up in a new window i have like a long search bar at the top which
>>> tells the name of the game and my screenname in it and it was never there
>>> before with the with ie that came on my computer. Is there anyway to stop it
>>> from being at the top of my screen? And i have heard people change back to
>>> their old IE in add in remove programs but i only see IE7 there and not the
>>> original...so will i be able to remove IE7 still?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Elizabeth

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE7 Pages

"elittlebit32" <elittlebit32@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F43CC8B7-D764-4E5B-9986-C604AD485481@microsoft.com...
>I was wondering if anyone can help. I play games alot on ie7 but when the
> game comes up in a new window i have like a long search bar at the top which
> tells the name of the game and my screenname in it and it was never there
> before with the with ie that came on my computer.

> Is there anyway to stop it from being at the top of my screen?

Have you tried switching to Fullscreen mode instead?
E.g. press F11 to toggle that feature on or off.

> And i have heard people change back to
> their old IE in add in remove programs but i only see IE7 there and not the
> original...so will i be able to remove IE7 still?

Always disclose your OS and maintenance level when you are requesting help.
Your question suggests that you probably have XP of some kind.
In that case you would be able to uninstall IE7 and expect to get back to
an apparent IE6 functionality appropriate to the maintenance level of your OS.

> Thanks,
> Elizabeth

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle