IE cannot download. No such interface supported.

Malia

IE cannot download. No such interface supported.
This error message pops up when I tried to open, then tried to save, a wps
attachment. This is the first time I've been sent a wps to open in hotmail.
I've checked the Knowledge Base for IE and for Works ... no luck. Is there a
solution out there?
Rob Giordano [MS MVP]

Re: IE cannot download. No such interface supported.
Word will open .wps if you have the converter(s) installed.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/do...225831033.aspx

Save the wps file to your hd first.

Google or Live Search is your friend.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Malia" <Malia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This error message pops up when I tried to open, then tried to save, a wps
> attachment. This is the first time I've been sent a wps to open in
> hotmail.
> I've checked the Knowledge Base for IE and for Works ... no luck. Is
> there a
> solution out there?

Donald Anadell

Re: IE cannot download. No such interface supported.

"Malia" <Malia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This error message pops up when I tried to open, then tried to save, a wps
> attachment. This is the first time I've been sent a wps to open in
> hotmail.
> I've checked the Knowledge Base for IE and for Works ... no luck. Is
> there a
> solution out there?

If you don't have an MS Office or MS Works suite installed on your machine,
then download and install the following Word Viewer:

This viewer Allows for viewing the following file types:

Word Document (*.docx)
Word Macro-Enabled Document (*.docm)
Rich Text Format (.rtf)
Text (.txt)
Web Page formats (.htm, .html, .mht, .mhtml)
WordPerfect 5.x (.wpd)
WordPerfect 6.x (.doc, .wpd)
Works 6.0 (.wps)
Works 7.0 (.wps)
XML (.xml)

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

Malia

Re: IE cannot download. No such interface supported.
Since Office 2003 and Works 8.0 are both installed on my laptop, I don't
understand why I need to download either Word Viewer or an Office Converter
Pack (as suggested earlier).

"Donald Anadell" wrote:

> "Malia" <Malia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This error message pops up when I tried to open, then tried to save, a wps
> > attachment. This is the first time I've been sent a wps to open in
> > hotmail.
> > I've checked the Knowledge Base for IE and for Works ... no luck. Is
> > there a
> > solution out there?

> If you don't have an MS Office or MS Works suite installed on your machine,
> then download and install the following Word Viewer:

> This viewer Allows for viewing the following file types:
>
> Word Document (*.docx)
> Word Macro-Enabled Document (*.docm)
> Rich Text Format (.rtf)
> Text (.txt)
> Web Page formats (.htm, .html, .mht, .mhtml)
> WordPerfect 5.x (.wpd)
> WordPerfect 6.x (.doc, .wpd)
> Works 6.0 (.wps)
> Works 7.0 (.wps)
> XML (.xml)
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell

Rob Giordano [MS MVP]

Re: IE cannot download. No such interface supported.
Maybe because you didn't state that you did.
What happens when you save the .wps file to your hardrive...then...try to
open it?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Since Office 2003 and Works 8.0 are both installed on my laptop, I don't
> understand why I need to download either Word Viewer or an Office
> Converter
> Pack (as suggested earlier).
>
> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

>> "Malia" <Malia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > This error message pops up when I tried to open, then tried to save, a
>> > wps
>> > attachment. This is the first time I've been sent a wps to open in
>> > hotmail.
>> > I've checked the Knowledge Base for IE and for Works ... no luck. Is
>> > there a
>> > solution out there?

>> If you don't have an MS Office or MS Works suite installed on your
>> machine,
>> then download and install the following Word Viewer:
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>>
>> This viewer Allows for viewing the following file types:
>>
>> Word Document (*.docx)
>> Word Macro-Enabled Document (*.docm)
>> Rich Text Format (.rtf)
>> Text (.txt)
>> Web Page formats (.htm, .html, .mht, .mhtml)
>> WordPerfect 5.x (.wpd)
>> WordPerfect 6.x (.doc, .wpd)
>> Works 6.0 (.wps)
>> Works 7.0 (.wps)
>> XML (.xml)
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell

Donald Anadell

Re: IE cannot download. No such interface supported.

"Malia" <Malia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since Office 2003 and Works 8.0 are both installed on my laptop,

< I don't
> understand why I need to download either Word Viewer or an Office
> Converter
> Pack (as suggested earlier).

You did not state in your original post that you had Office 2003 or Works
8.0 installed installed on your machine...thus my suggestion on the Word
Viewer was based on the assumption that you did not have these programs
installed.

Did you try Rob Giordano's suggestion with regard to saving the attachment
to your hard drive first?

Otherwise I would suggest you ask your question in a more appropriate forum,
perhaps one of these:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...lic.works.win/
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...sn.discussion/

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

>> "Malia" <Malia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > This error message pops up when I tried to open, then tried to save, a
>> > wps
>> > attachment. This is the first time I've been sent a wps to open in
>> > hotmail.
>> > I've checked the Knowledge Base for IE and for Works ... no luck. Is
>> > there a
>> > solution out there?

>> If you don't have an MS Office or MS Works suite installed on your
>> machine,
>> then download and install the following Word Viewer:
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>>
>> This viewer Allows for viewing the following file types:
>>
>> Word Document (*.docx)
>> Word Macro-Enabled Document (*.docm)
>> Rich Text Format (.rtf)
>> Text (.txt)
>> Web Page formats (.htm, .html, .mht, .mhtml)
>> WordPerfect 5.x (.wpd)
>> WordPerfect 6.x (.doc, .wpd)
>> Works 6.0 (.wps)
>> Works 7.0 (.wps)
>> XML (.xml)
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell

Malia

Re: IE cannot download. No such interface supported.
My apologies for inadequate information. When I try to either open, or to
save the .wps file to my hardrive, 2 screens appear. In the fore is a small
one, "Internet Explorer cannot download". Behind it is a slightly larger
"File Downloading", however, the "Download to" is blank. Both screens
disappear when I click OK to the first screen.