IE7 is forgetting my ordering of Favorites

stwiso

IE7 is forgetting my ordering of Favorites
This morning, IE7 forgot the order that I had placed my Favorites in. So, I
rearranged them manually and restared my computer. Once again, IE7 forgot
the arrangement. What is the setting - if it is a setting - that I need to
establish so that my ordering of Favorties is retained? Thanks
--
stwiso

Re: IE7 is forgetting my ordering of Favorites
Are you arranging your Favorites via the Favorites Center (ALT+C) or
otherwise?

One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party
applications may be disallowing the change(s) from "sticking". These include
but are not limited to Ad-aware Pro's Ad-Watch, Spybot Tea Timer,
SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, CounterSpy, AVG Anti-Spyware,
Norton AntiVirus, McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware, NOD32, and Zone Alarm
(Free, Pro, & Security Suite).
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Are you arranging your Favorites via the Favorites Center (ALT+C) or
> otherwise?

I am using the Favorites Center. Laast night everyhhing was fin. Since
then I installed nothing new, nor did I change any settings in anything.
> One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party
> applications may be disallowing the change(s) from "sticking". These include
> but are not limited to Ad-aware Pro's Ad-Watch, Spybot Tea Timer,
> SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, CounterSpy, AVG Anti-Spyware,
> Norton AntiVirus, McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware, NOD32, and Zone Alarm
> (Free, Pro, & Security Suite).
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> stwiso wrote:
> > This morning, IE7 forgot the order that I had placed my Favorites in. So,
> > rearranged them manually and restared my computer. Once again, IE7 forgot
> > the arrangement. What is the setting - if it is a setting - that I need
> > establish so that my ordering of Favorties is retained? Thanks

ju.c

Re: IE7 is forgetting my ordering of Favorites
Create this registry file to have IE save your settings:

1. Copy below and paste into Notepad.

----------copy inside only----------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000

----------copy inside only----------

2. Save-as SaveSettings.reg (or any name + .reg).

3. Double-click or right-click and merge into the registry.

ju.c