Cookie blocker malfunction

Bebbspoke

Cookie blocker malfunction
Hi All - I.E.7 - Tools\Internet Options\Privacy\Sites - it is possible to
block cookies such as "nusiance.com" but it does not seem to be possible to
bloc sites with double-barreled names such as "big.nusiance.com". Any
suggestions? Thank you.

Re: Cookie blocker malfunction
"Patience is a virtue."

Bebbspoke wrote:
> Hi All - I.E.7 - Tools\Internet Options\Privacy\Sites - it is possible to
> block cookies such as "nusiance.com" but it does not seem to be possible
> bloc sites with double-barreled names such as "big.nusiance.com". Any
> suggestions? Thank you.

Bebbspoke

Re: Cookie blocker malfunction
Dear PA Bear - when the functionality of ones pc and interaction with the
internet is slowed to a crawl by parasites that defy attempts to disable
them, especially when this is clearly due to a short coming in IE7 as
highlighted in my original script - I'm afraid sarcasm neither helps,
pacifies or amuses.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> "Patience is a virtue."
>
> Bebbspoke wrote:
> > Hi All - I.E.7 - Tools\Internet Options\Privacy\Sites - it is possible to
> > block cookies such as "nusiance.com" but it does not seem to be possible
> > bloc sites with double-barreled names such as "big.nusiance.com". Any
> > suggestions? Thank you.

Re: Cookie blocker malfunction
Why do you blame shortcomings in IE7 when you admit that your machine is
suffering from hijackware infections?
--
~PA Bear, pointed sarcasm intended

Bebbspoke wrote:
> Dear PA Bear - when the functionality of ones pc and interaction with the
> internet is slowed to a crawl by parasites that defy attempts to disable
> them, especially when this is clearly due to a short coming in IE7 as
> highlighted in my original script - I'm afraid sarcasm neither helps,
> pacifies or amuses.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> "Patience is a virtue."
>>
>> Bebbspoke wrote:
>>> Hi All - I.E.7 - Tools\Internet Options\Privacy\Sites - it is possible
>>> block cookies such as "nusiance.com" but it does not seem to be possible
>>> bloc sites with double-barreled names such as "big.nusiance.com". Any
>>> suggestions? Thank you.

Bebbspoke

Re: Cookie blocker malfunction
Because it is due to the shortcomings of IE7 that I am not able to block such
hijackware which caused me to attempt to seek advice. I thought that would
have been clearly obvious to a "Most Valued Person" - apparently not.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Why do you blame shortcomings in IE7 when you admit that your machine is
> suffering from hijackware infections?
> --
> ~PA Bear, pointed sarcasm intended
>
> Bebbspoke wrote:
> > Dear PA Bear - when the functionality of ones pc and interaction with the
> > internet is slowed to a crawl by parasites that defy attempts to disable
> > them, especially when this is clearly due to a short coming in IE7 as
> > highlighted in my original script - I'm afraid sarcasm neither helps,
> > pacifies or amuses.

Leonard Grey

Re: Cookie blocker malfunction
What particular "shortcoming" of Internet Explorer allowed your computer
to become infected?

This is important for me to know, because I have been using Internet
Explorer since version 2, and I have never been infected with any kind
of malware. I'd like to keep my record going, so if you can be specific
that would be helpful.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine

Bebbspoke wrote:
> Because it is due to the shortcomings of IE7 that I am not able to block such
> hijackware which caused me to attempt to seek advice. I thought that would
> have been clearly obvious to a "Most Valued Person" - apparently not.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Why do you blame shortcomings in IE7 when you admit that your machine is
>> suffering from hijackware infections?
>> --
>> ~PA Bear, pointed sarcasm intended
>>
>> Bebbspoke wrote:
>>> Dear PA Bear - when the functionality of ones pc and interaction with the
>>> internet is slowed to a crawl by parasites that defy attempts to disable
>>> them, especially when this is clearly due to a short coming in IE7 as
>>> highlighted in my original script - I'm afraid sarcasm neither helps,
>>> pacifies or amuses.

Re: Cookie blocker malfunction
*You* infect your machine via unsafe browsing, etc., habits. The only way
IE or Windows can protect you from yourself is if the machine's physically
disconnected from the internet at all times and you never put anything from
any source whatsoever on the machine.

If you purchase a Ford vehicle, drive drunk with reckless abandon, with all
the doors open, without wearing a seatbelt, with your eyes closed, and you
crash into a tree, was the accident caused by Ford's shortcomings? I can
guarantee you that Ford, the police, your lawyer and your insurance company
won't think so.