Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE7 will not open every time

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2008
RodF
 

Posts: n/a
IE7 will not open every time
I have a problem where IE7 will not open (or will take a very long time to
open) most of the time. I have to keep opening it several times until it will
work. When it finally opens everything is fine. But getting it to open is the
problem. It is not my connection as everything else (Email, Skype etc) work
fine all the time. I have the latest CCleaner and AVG 8 and all the latest
updates for XP. The problem has just started in the last 2 weeks and seems to
be getting gradually worse, ie. it now takes several attempts before I get it
to work. I have not done anything to my computer (adding software or
Hardware) in months and the problem has me completely baffled. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Rod.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2008
Leonard Grey
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE7 will not open every time
Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

If you have XP: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
following target path:

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff

If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7 (possibly
Skype, which is well-known for causing problems with IE 7).

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2334856,00.asp

RodF wrote:
> I have a problem where IE7 will not open (or will take a very long time to
> open) most of the time. I have to keep opening it several times until it will
> work. When it finally opens everything is fine. But getting it to open is the
> problem. It is not my connection as everything else (Email, Skype etc) work
> fine all the time. I have the latest CCleaner and AVG 8 and all the latest
> updates for XP. The problem has just started in the last 2 weeks and seems to
> be getting gradually worse, ie. it now takes several attempts before I get it
> to work. I have not done anything to my computer (adding software or
> Hardware) in months and the problem has me completely baffled. Any help would
> be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks.
>
> Rod.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2008
RodF
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE7 will not open every time
Thanks Leonard, I had tried all that to no avail. But I have found what the
problem was. I had to reset all the security zones to default. I found this
at this site http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/936213 and I hope
it helps people with similar problems.
Thanks for your reply.

Rod.


"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:
>
> If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
> box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
>
> If you have XP: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
> Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
>
> Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
> following target path:
>
> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
>
> If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
> of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7 (possibly
> Skype, which is well-known for causing problems with IE 7).
>
> Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
> software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine
> http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2334856,00.asp
>
> RodF wrote:
> > I have a problem where IE7 will not open (or will take a very long time to
> > open) most of the time. I have to keep opening it several times until it will
> > work. When it finally opens everything is fine. But getting it to open is the
> > problem. It is not my connection as everything else (Email, Skype etc) work
> > fine all the time. I have the latest CCleaner and AVG 8 and all the latest
> > updates for XP. The problem has just started in the last 2 weeks and seems to
> > be getting gradually worse, ie. it now takes several attempts before I get it
> > to work. I have not done anything to my computer (adding software or
> > Hardware) in months and the problem has me completely baffled. Any help would
> > be greatly appreciated.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Rod.

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2008
RodF
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE7 will not open every time
It seems I was little premature in thinking the problem was solved. It is
doing the same thing but not as frequently. I have tried opening IE with add
ons disabled and I have been using Skype on my computer for close to 2 years
with no such dramas. As for the Malware issue, AVG 8 has a Malware scanning
component and I regularly scan for and delete all Spyware, Malware etc. I
have also tried resetting IE.

Thanks.

Rod.

"RodF" wrote:

> Thanks Leonard, I had tried all that to no avail. But I have found what the
> problem was. I had to reset all the security zones to default. I found this
> at this site http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/936213 and I hope
> it helps people with similar problems.
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Rod.
>
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
> > Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:
> >
> > If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
> > box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
> >
> > If you have XP: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
> > Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
> >
> > Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
> > following target path:
> >
> > "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
> >
> > If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
> > of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7 (possibly
> > Skype, which is well-known for causing problems with IE 7).
> >
> > Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
> > software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.
> >
> > ---
> > Leonard Grey
> > Errare Humanum Est
> >
> > Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine
> > http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2334856,00.asp
> >
> > RodF wrote:
> > > I have a problem where IE7 will not open (or will take a very long time to
> > > open) most of the time. I have to keep opening it several times until it will
> > > work. When it finally opens everything is fine. But getting it to open is the
> > > problem. It is not my connection as everything else (Email, Skype etc) work
> > > fine all the time. I have the latest CCleaner and AVG 8 and all the latest
> > > updates for XP. The problem has just started in the last 2 weeks and seems to
> > > be getting gradually worse, ie. it now takes several attempts before I get it
> > > to work. I have not done anything to my computer (adding software or
> > > Hardware) in months and the problem has me completely baffled. Any help would
> > > be greatly appreciated.
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Rod.

> >

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IE 7 can only open one window at a time Luke microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 2 08-28-2008 14:52
Run Time Error 55 : File Already Open juhi_khushbu Windows Vista General 3 06-07-2008 23:35
Windows mail won't open second time Gemius microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 14 05-09-2008 19:16
It's Time for Social Networks to Open Up Steve General Technology News 0 08-06-2007 16:21
Unable to open attachment a second time??? cahadley microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 1 05-31-2007 20:36




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:47.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120