downloads say there finshed but arent complete

nesc39

downloads say there finshed but arent complete
I keep having the same problem when i download videos or music. Everything
seems normal and the download says it has completely 100% finished. When i
check the size of the file it only is a piece of the original. (a 50MB file
may only download 24MB). Im using 64 bit vista and cable connected internet.
The connection is fine and is never interupted or shut off

Re: downloads say there finshed but arent complete
Same problem as...?

Are you running IE7 or IE8B2?

nesc39 wrote:
> I keep having the same problem when i download videos or music. Everything
> seems normal and the download says it has completely 100% finished. When i
> check the size of the file it only is a piece of the original. (a 50MB
> file
> may only download 24MB). Im using 64 bit vista and cable connected
> internet.
> The connection is fine and is never interupted or shut off

nesc39

Re: downloads say there finshed but arent complete
IE7

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Same problem as...?
>
> Are you running IE7 or IE8B2?
>
> nesc39 wrote:
> > I keep having the same problem when i download videos or music. Everything
> > seems normal and the download says it has completely 100% finished. When i
> > check the size of the file it only is a piece of the original. (a 50MB
> > file
> > may only download 24MB). Im using 64 bit vista and cable connected
> > internet.
> > The connection is fine and is never interupted or shut off

Re: downloads say there finshed but arent complete
Are you running Vista or Vista SP1?

Is this a sudden, new problem or an ongoing one (e.g., since you installed
Vista SP1)?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Does the behavior persist if Protected Mode/UAC has been disabled or if
you're logged on as Administrator?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

nesc39 wrote:
> IE7
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Same problem as...?
>>
>> Are you running IE7 or IE8B2?
>>
>> nesc39 wrote:
>>> I keep having the same problem when i download videos or music.
>>> Everything
>>> seems normal and the download says it has completely 100% finished. When
>>> check the size of the file it only is a piece of the original. (a 50MB
>>> file
>>> may only download 24MB). Im using 64 bit vista and cable connected
>>> internet.
>>> The connection is fine and is never interupted or shut off

Anand1