IE7 doesn't support .mht download

Warehouser

IE7 doesn't support .mht download
I get a message Internet Explorer does not support whenever I try to open
..eml.mht or just plain .mht attachments from emails. Not my security
system--I turned it off briefly.

Re: IE7 doesn't support .mht download
posting to this newsgroup.

Post the complete (verbatim) error message.

Is IE configured as your default browser?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Warehouser wrote:
> I get a message Internet Explorer does not support whenever I try to open
> .eml.mht or just plain .mht attachments from emails. Not my security
> system--I turned it off briefly.

KP

Re: IE7 doesn't support .mht download
MHT not supported on Windows Vista or Windows XP SP2... all using IE7.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> Post the complete (verbatim) error message.
>
> Is IE configured as your default browser?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Warehouser wrote:
> > I get a message Internet Explorer does not support whenever I try to open
> > .eml.mht or just plain .mht attachments from emails. Not my security
> > system--I turned it off briefly.

Re: IE7 doesn't support .mht download
Horse hockey!

KP wrote:
> MHT not supported on Windows Vista or Windows XP SP2... all using IE7.
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>
>> Post the complete (verbatim) error message.
>>
>> Is IE configured as your default browser?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Warehouser wrote:
>>> I get a message Internet Explorer does not support whenever I try to
>>> open
>>> .eml.mht or just plain .mht attachments from emails. Not my security
>>> system--I turned it off briefly.

Warehouser

Re: IE7 doesn't support .mht download
Apparently not horse hockey--I've got Windows XP with S2 and S3 and I get the
message IE cannot support No such interface supported every time I try to
save an mht file. If I simply try to open it, nothing happens--it just
disappears!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Horse hockey!
>
> KP wrote:
> > MHT not supported on Windows Vista or Windows XP SP2... all using IE7.
> >

> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> >> posting to this newsgroup.
> >>
> >> Post the complete (verbatim) error message.
> >>
> >> Is IE configured as your default browser?
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: IE7 doesn't support .mht download
I can save and open MHT files here in IE7/WinXP SP3.

Warehouser wrote:
> Apparently not horse hockey--I've got Windows XP with S2 and S3 and I get
> the message IE cannot support No such interface supported every time I
> try
> to save an mht file. If I simply try to open it, nothing happens--it just
> disappears!
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Horse hockey!
>>
>> KP wrote:
>>> MHT not supported on Windows Vista or Windows XP SP2... all using IE7.

Alexander

Re: IE7 doesn't support .mht download
I can save mht file from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325930
But when I then try to open it in IE it freezes. I tried both IE 6 and IE 7.
Some urls are open without problem.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> I can save and open MHT files here in IE7/WinXP SP3.

Todd Henry

Re: IE7 doesn't support .mht download
Recently, I'm having the same problem opening .mht files, but so far it is
limited only to the (newly remodeled) /support.microsoft.com/ website. I
added a thread (/support.microsoft.com/ Page Saved as .mht Won't Open in IE7)
to explain this in greater detail here:

- Todd Henry

"Alexander" wrote:

> I can save mht file from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325930
> But when I then try to open it in IE it freezes. I tried both IE 6 and IE 7.
> Some urls are open without problem.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > I can save and open MHT files here in IE7/WinXP SP3.

Todd Henry

Re: IE7 doesn't support .mht download
Recently, I'm having the same problem opening saved .mht files, but it is
only limited to the (newly remodeled) /support.microsoft.com/ website. I
started a new thread (/support.microsoft.com/ Page Saved as .mht Won't Open