problem downloading acrobat reader

Rob

problem downloading acrobat reader
I am trying to download Acrobat Reader (8 or 9), and an error messege
appears, saying "Internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to
close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". No additional explanations are
given.
I tried to donload the program with firewall off, it didn't help.
What seems to be the problem and how do I solve it?
Leonard Grey

Re: problem downloading acrobat reader
Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine

Rob wrote:
> I am trying to download Acrobat Reader (8 or 9), and an error messege
> appears, saying "Internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to
> close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". No additional explanations are
> given.
> I tried to donload the program with firewall off, it didn't help.
> What seems to be the problem and how do I solve it?

Re: problem downloading acrobat reader
Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
Vista SP1) when posting to this newsgroup.

What version of Adobe Acrobat and/or Adobe Reader is installed currently?

Reader v8.1.3
http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adob...r813_en_US.exe

Reader v9.x
http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adob...dr90_en_US.exe

[Both Adobe Reader versions are available here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acroba...lversions.html ]

Foxit Reader
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

NB: Save the chosen download to your desktop, do not Run it

Can you save the download of any of the above to your desktop (vs Running
it) to install manually?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Rob wrote:
> I am trying to download Acrobat Reader (8 or 9), and an error messege
> appears, saying "Internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to
> close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". No additional explanations are
> given.
> I tried to donload the program with firewall off, it didn't help.
> What seems to be the problem and how do I solve it?

TaurArian

Re: problem downloading acrobat reader
Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================
guarantees and doesn't give any rights.

"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to download Acrobat Reader (8 or 9), and an error messege
> appears, saying "Internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to
> close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". No additional explanations are
> given.
> I tried to donload the program with firewall off, it didn't help.
> What seems to be the problem and how do I solve it?

Re: problem downloading acrobat reader
<pft> That one's for sissies! <eg>