how can I disbale / uninstall iexplorer

barry

how can I disbale / uninstall iexplorer

I don't want to use internet explorer and have set firefox as my default
browser.

how can I completely Remove Internet Explorer from my system forever?

I have deleted the iexplorer.exe file from /program files/, but
adware/malware still manages to start iexplore to run persistant and annoying
popups in ie and eat up to 2gb of my systems memory. (before crashing it)

OS winXP pro 5.1.26.. SP3
IE (was V7 before I deleted it)

how can I completely Remove Internet Explorer from my system forever?

--
let the others rush
Don Varnau

Re: how can I disbale / uninstall iexplorer
You cannot uninstall IE from Windows XP. If you're lucky, you have hidden
iexplore.exe, instead of actually deleting it. You may have already done
serious damage to the Operating System.

I see the options as:
1. Remove the malware and stop using IE.
2. Step #1, then install IE7 then stop using IE7.
3. Reinstall IE7, then step #1.
4. Do a clean reinstall of XP, upgrade to SP3 then install IE7 (for security
reasons) then stop using IE.

950717- Steps to take before you install Windows XP Service Pack 3:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

*Important*
IEBlog- IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3 [XP SP3]:
- - -
Malware removal - adware, spyware, hijacker, trojan, etc.
See these sites for help:
The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
Removing Malware:
827315- Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software:
What you can do about spyware and other unwanted software:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...ywarewhat.mspx
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"barry" <barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I don't want to use internet explorer and have set firefox as my default
> browser.
>
> how can I completely Remove Internet Explorer from my system forever?
>
> I have deleted the iexplorer.exe file from /program files/, but
> adware/malware still manages to start iexplore to run persistant and

annoying
> popups in ie and eat up to 2gb of my systems memory. (before crashing it)
>
> OS winXP pro 5.1.26.. SP3
> IE (was V7 before I deleted it)
>

> how can I completely Remove Internet Explorer from my system forever?
>
> --
> let the others rush

Re: how can I disbale / uninstall iexplorer
Disabling IE (you can't remove it) won't fix your hijackware problems!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm