Microsofts view of progress is to reward loyal users bypunishing them!

Lyne Sheeld

Microsofts view of progress is to reward loyal users bypunishing them!
I have had more problems as time goes on with each NEW AND IMPROVED Microsoft product. IE 7 is another fine example of how much BETTER MS is making thing for us. It's piece of garbage as is most of Microsofts newer stuff for example VISTA; HA what a PATHETIC JOKE... I'm sorry but after YEARS of feeling that MS and the crew were a Godsend (since windows 1.01 to be exact; I am now really tired of being forced to move along with progress Microsoft style. Aren't they rich enough with out reaching into our pockets every time we blink; GREED at it's finest. Too bad. GIVE ME Windows 98se anyday!!!!!
Richard Urban

Re: Microsofts view of progress is to reward loyal users by punishing them!
Windows 98 should not be allowed on the internet. It is most unsecure at
this point in time and vulnerable in more ways than you can count.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"Lyne Sheeld" wrote in message news:20081120223474lynee@gmail.com...
>I have had more problems as time goes on with each NEW AND IMPROVED
>Microsoft product. IE 7 is another fine example of how much BETTER MS is
>making thing for us. It's piece of garbage as is most of Microsofts newer
>stuff for example VISTA; HA what a PATHETIC JOKE... I'm sorry but after
>YEARS of feeling that MS and the crew were a Godsend (since windows 1.01 to
>be exact; I am now really tired of being forced to move along with progress
>Microsoft style. Aren't they rich enough with out reaching into our
>pockets every time we blink; GREED at it's finest. Too bad. GIVE ME
>Windows 98se anyday!!!!!

Leonard Grey

Re: Microsofts view of progress is to reward loyal users by punishingthem!
No one's stopping you from using Windows 98. However, if you do, you'll
find out before long about 'progress hacker style.'
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine

Lyne Sheeld wrote:
> I have had more problems as time goes on with each NEW AND IMPROVED Microsoft product. IE 7 is another fine example of how much BETTER MS is making thing for us. It's piece of garbage as is most of Microsofts newer stuff for example VISTA; HA what a PATHETIC JOKE... I'm sorry but after YEARS of feeling that MS and the crew were a Godsend (since windows 1.01 to be exact; I am now really tired of being forced to move along with progress Microsoft style. Aren't they rich enough with out reaching into our pockets every time we blink; GREED at it's finest. Too bad. GIVE ME Windows 98se anyday!!!!!

Michael Jennings

Re: Microsofts view of progress is to reward loyal users by punishing them!
Sometimes I print webpages. For doing this I find other browsers inferior to
IE7. After I learned to use the Alt key to get the menu bar I disliked IE7 less.
I've tried Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari - have 'em installed, but use them
little. You could do that, or if you are running XP you could revert to IE6.

Perhaps the best developers like cutting edge stuff, like cloud computing. The
corporation sees that as an area where it's losing to the competition. So
between operating systems and browsers maybe being uninteresting to top talent
and Microsoft's need to win out over the competition, I guess all us who want
the old stuff to be greatly improved will just have to adjust to that not
happening. Windows 7 is supposed to come out as the Vista that ought to have
been - a dock and an improved file system not developed in time for Vista. These
are reported not to be in the beta yet.

In the graphics field, when it turned out there was an increasing amount of
interest in 2D animation, attention turned back to that somewhat from 3D. I may
be giving up on substantial browser and OS improvement prematurely here.

<Lyne Sheeld> wrote in message news:20081120223474lynee@gmail.com...
> I have had more problems as time goes on with each NEW AND IMPROVED Microsoft
> product. IE 7 is another fine example of how much BETTER MS is making thing
> for us. It's piece of garbage as is most of Microsofts newer stuff for example
> VISTA; HA what a PATHETIC JOKE... I'm sorry but after YEARS of feeling that MS
> and the crew were a Godsend (since windows 1.01 to be exact; I am now really
> tired of being forced to move along with progress Microsoft style. Aren't
> they rich enough with out reaching into our pockets every time we blink; GREED
> at it's finest. Too bad. GIVE ME Windows 98se anyday!!!!!

Re: Microsofts view of progress is to reward loyal users by punishing them!
posting to this newsgroup.

If you're running WinXP SP2 or SP3, no one forced you to install IE7.

If you're running Vista, no one forced you to purchase a machine with Vista
installed...or even a new machine, for that matter.

I've been running IE7 in WinXP since the first beta without a lick of
problems. Wonder why our experiences are so different?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Lyne Sheeld wrote:
> I have had more problems as time goes on with each NEW AND IMPROVED
> Microsoft product. IE 7 is another fine example of how much BETTER MS is
> making thing for us. It's piece of garbage as is most of Microsofts newer
> stuff for example VISTA; HA what a PATHETIC JOKE... I'm sorry but after
> YEARS of feeling that MS and the crew were a Godsend (since windows 1.01
> be exact; I am now really tired of being forced to move along with
> progress
> Microsoft style. Aren't they rich enough with out reaching into our
> pockets every time we blink; GREED at it's finest. Too bad. GIVE ME
> Windows 98se anyday!!!!!

VanguardLH

Lyne Sheeld wrote:

> I have had more problems as time goes on with each NEW AND IMPROVED Mic...

<overly long line truncated at 76 chars (ellipsis added)>

Configure your NNTP client to wrap lines at 76, or less, characters in
physical length.

Oh yes, Microsoft is making millions off of Internet Explorer which is
included and for which updates are available for free. A child has
spoken. Go ask your parents for a larger allowance, or do more chores.

So you exposed yourself as a boob who cannot make up his own mind as to
what are his own operating system requirements. If Windows 98SE was
sufficient for your computing needs then you had no reason to change to
a different or newer operating system. Do you also buy a new car when
the old one does everything you want it to? How is it Microsoft's fault
that you are so gullible that you actually believe and must comply with
the sale's pitch of "newer is better and you must have newer"? Get some
therapy to help you make your own decisions.