IE 7.0

Mr. Frustrated with poor MS support

IE 7.0
Everyime i click on a link it opens a new window, despite the fact I have
selected "open in a new tab" in the tools/internet options.

Very frustrating! I am now using firefox.

I phoned MS and they said contact DELL...DELL's support simply told me to do
what I already did. I still have new windows popping up with every clicked
link.

Re: IE 7.0
posting to this newsgroup.

Does the behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? ...if you
Reset IE7 Advanced Settings?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Mr. Frustrated with poor MS support wrote:
> Everyime i click on a link it opens a new window, despite the fact I have
> selected "open in a new tab" in the tools/internet options...

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: IE 7.0
"Mr. Frustrated with poor MS support" <Mr. Frustrated with poor MS
support@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everyime i click on a link it opens a new window, despite the fact I have
> selected "open in a new tab" in the tools/internet options.
>
> Very frustrating! I am now using firefox.
>
> I phoned MS and they said contact DELL...DELL's support simply told me to
> do
> what I already did. I still have new windows popping up with every clicked
> link.

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages, including HijackThis.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
of.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE 7.0

"Mr. Frustrated with poor MS support" <Mr. Frustrated with poor MS support@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everyime i click on a link it opens a new window, despite the fact I have
> selected "open in a new tab" in the tools/internet options.
>
> Very frustrating! I am now using firefox.
>
> I phoned MS and they said contact DELL...DELL's support simply told me to do
> what I already did. I still have new windows popping up with every clicked
> link.

One possible explanation for that symptom would be a stuck Shift- key. ; )
So what happens if you use some of the other keyboard modifiers when
you click (e.g. Ctrl- Ctrl+Shift- ) or Middleclick- ?

---