IE8 - Open New Tab...

ewest@ttcdas.com

IE8 - Open New Tab...
Come on MS. Last browser was very annoying with it's "what do you want
to do now" prompt. It should be obvious that we need to get to our
home page when we open a new tab.
Now I have to redig to find that setting that says 'when I open a new
tab, go to my home page'.
I know it's beta so let this be a suggestion: default to home page on
opening a new tab.
Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 - Open New Tab...
What is "redig"?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine

ewest@ttcdas.com wrote:
> Come on MS. Last browser was very annoying with it's "what do you want
> to do now" prompt. It should be obvious that we need to get to our
> home page when we open a new tab.
> Now I have to redig to find that setting that says 'when I open a new
> tab, go to my home page'.
> I know it's beta so let this be a suggestion: default to home page on
> opening a new tab.

Re: IE8 - Open New Tab...
[Unless it's a blank home page, I certainly don't want a new tab to open to
my home page.]

Right pew, wrong church => IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support:
microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

ewest@ttcdas.com wrote:
> Come on MS. Last browser was very annoying with it's "what do you want
> to do now" prompt. It should be obvious that we need to get to our
> home page when we open a new tab.
> Now I have to redig to find that setting that says 'when I open a new
> tab, go to my home page'.
> I know it's beta so let this be a suggestion: default to home page on
> opening a new tab.

Richard Urban

Re: IE8 - Open New Tab...
Why would you always want to go to your home page when you open a new tab?

You are part of the "maybe" one tenth of one percent of people who may want
to do that. Microsoft designs for the majority (on a good day) - not for a
miniscule minority.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

<ewest@ttcdas.com> wrote in message
> Come on MS. Last browser was very annoying with it's "what do you want
> to do now" prompt. It should be obvious that we need to get to our
> home page when we open a new tab.
> Now I have to redig to find that setting that says 'when I open a new
> tab, go to my home page'.
> I know it's beta so let this be a suggestion: default to home page on
> opening a new tab.

Rob Giordano [MS MVP]

Re: IE8 - Open New Tab...
I don't want to go to my home page every time I open a new tab.

--
Rob Giordano