Shutting down Internet Exployer

Larreyl

Shutting down Internet Exployer
Every time I "X" out or shut down Internet Exployer, a box comes up from
Microsoft Windows that says, " Internet Exployer has stopped working. A
problem caused internet exployer from operating correctly. Windows will
close the program and notify if a soulution is available. When I close
the box, Internet Exployer will close and re-open. I may have to do this a
couple of time before I can shut down Internet Exployer properly. What is
the fix?
Leonard Grey

Re: Shutting down Internet Exployer
Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine

Larreyl wrote:
> Every time I "X" out or shut down Internet Exployer, a box comes up from
> Microsoft Windows that says, " Internet Exployer has stopped working. A
> problem caused internet exployer from operating correctly. Windows will
> close the program and notify if a soulution is available. When I close
> the box, Internet Exployer will close and re-open. I may have to do this a
> couple of time before I can shut down Internet Exployer properly. What is
> the fix?

md

Re: Shutting down Internet Exployer
You're not alone. Check this out:
http://www.vistax64.com/network-inte...t-respond.html

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"Larreyl" <Larreyl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I "X" out or shut down Internet Exployer, a box comes up from
> Microsoft Windows that says, " Internet Exployer has stopped working. A
> problem caused internet exployer from operating correctly. Windows will
> close the program and notify if a soulution is available. When I close
> the box, Internet Exployer will close and re-open. I may have to do this
> couple of time before I can shut down Internet Exployer properly. What
> is
> the fix?

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages, including HijackThis.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
of.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email