Mobile Broadband / Ethernet conflict

John S

Mobile Broadband / Ethernet conflict
I am running Windows XP SP2, with IE7 on a desktop, which is connected to a
wireless hub via ethernet cable. There is no landline broadband connection. I
have a Vodafone Mobile Broadband USB dongle, to connect to the Internet. This
works fine if I disconnect the ethernet cable, but the system tries to use as
a preference a non-existent land line broadband via the ethernet hub, if I
reconnect the ethernet cable. It appears that I need to set the mobile
broadband dongle as the first choice for internet connection, but cannot find
out how to do so. Is there some Network property I need to set?
--
John S
Jim

Re: Mobile Broadband / Ethernet conflict

"John S" <JohnS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running Windows XP SP2, with IE7 on a desktop, which is connected to a
> wireless hub via ethernet cable. There is no landline broadband
> connection. I
> have a Vodafone Mobile Broadband USB dongle, to connect to the Internet.
> This
> works fine if I disconnect the ethernet cable, but the system tries to use
> as
> a preference a non-existent land line broadband via the ethernet hub, if I
> reconnect the ethernet cable. It appears that I need to set the mobile
> broadband dongle as the first choice for internet connection, but cannot
> find
> out how to do so. Is there some Network property I need to set?
> --
> John S

You will be much more likely to find good responses in
msnews.microsoft.network_web.
Jim

John S

Re: Mobile Broadband / Ethernet conflict
Thanks, Jim - I have re-posted.
--
John S