Windows Operating system Help after downloading IE7

Cdogg

Windows Operating system Help after downloading IE7
Hi,
I have a Dell laptop, runs on Windows XP. Last night I upgraded from IE6 to
IE7. I rebooted. When I rebooted, I can click on my name and when windows
starts loading, I get the Microsoft message saying there have encountered a
problem with my Windows Operating system and if I want to send an error
report. I click No since Im not connected to the Internet. It then wont
operate and is stuck. I see nothing but a blue, Dell wallpaper background. I
cant click start in the lower left corner because that doesnt come up.
Nothing is on my desktop, i can get any toolbars, nothing..
I tried to hit F8 while my computer starts to run in safe mode and safe mode
in networking and it just does the same.
I dont know how to use the commands in Dos to alter anything. I need help.
My computer is frozen and stalled. I dont want to lose any of my music or
pictures.
Can anyone help me? It seems IE7 download has killed my windows operating
system. That is the only thing i did yesterday different than normal was
downloading the upgrade from IE6 to IE7

Re: Windows Operating system Help after downloading IE7
You may have a horked (dirty; bad; flawed) install of IE7. I suggest that
you...

1. In Safe Mode, if necessary, uninstall IE7 (which automatically returns
you to IE6) EXACTLY per http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html [Only use the
Command %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe if you cannot uninstall via
Add/Remove Programs!]

2a. Uninstall all toolbars and third-party Windows Themes (including Window
Blinds).

2b. Disable all Norton Add-ons, if applicable.

3. Reinstall IE7 EXACTLY per
http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install <= Steps #1-8, #10 &
#11; take note of #12, then STOP!

NB: Use http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/default.mspx as the

Or Direct Download link:

Tip: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it.

4. IMMEDIATELY go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and install any
critical updates offered. If a "Root Certificates" update is listed in the
Optional category, install it to take full advantage of IE7's additional
security.

Also see:

IEBlog : IE7 (Un)Installation and Anti-Malware Applications

What's New in Internet Explorer 7

Release Notes
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/Aa740486.aspx

IEBlog: IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/