How do I stop Word or IE from eating my cookies?

Information Technology

How do I stop Word or IE from eating my cookies?
We have a coldfusion/flex app running on IE (6 and/or 7). This app,
when running, provides a link to open a word doc (2003) within IE in a
seperate child window (I know, I know).

Prior to opening, and even while having the child window open, the
session cookies (CFID & CFToken) are intact and correct (evidenced by
inspection via developer tool bar).

Hoowever, upon closing the child window containing the word doc, the
session cookies (CFID & CFToken) are being dropped.

This of course is no good as the parent window is still active and the
session is implied to still be in existence.

Any ideas on how to go about correcting?

And, of course, I need to get this working ASAP.

Thanks for any help!

Daniel Crichton

Re: How do I stop Word or IE from eating my cookies?
Information wrote on Thu, 20 Nov 2008 05:57:55 -0800:

> We have a coldfusion/flex app running on IE (6 and/or 7). This app,
> when running, provides a link to open a word doc (2003) within IE in a
> seperate child window (I know, I know).

> Prior to opening, and even while having the child window open, the
> session cookies (CFID & CFToken) are intact and correct (evidenced by
> inspection via developer tool bar).

> Hoowever, upon closing the child window containing the word doc, the
> session cookies (CFID & CFToken) are being dropped.

> This of course is no good as the parent window is still active and the
> session is implied to still be in existence.

> Any ideas on how to go about correcting?

> And, of course, I need to get this working ASAP.

> Thanks for any help!

> --

This is an old and, as far as I know unchanged since release, IE7
feature/bug. Unfortunately the only workarounds are to use persistent
cookies, or to not open the document in a separate IE window.

--
Dan

B.J.K.

Daniel Crichton wrote:

> Information wrote on Thu, 20 Nov 2008 05:57:55 -0800:
>
> > We have a coldfusion/flex app running on IE (6 and/or 7). This app,
> > when running, provides a link to open a word doc (2003) within IE
> > in a seperate child window (I know, I know).

> > Prior to opening, and even while having the child window open, the
> > session cookies (CFID & CFToken) are intact and correct (evidenced
> > by inspection via developer tool bar).

> > Hoowever, upon closing the child window containing the word doc, the
> > session cookies (CFID & CFToken) are being dropped.

> > This of course is no good as the parent window is still active and
> > the session is implied to still be in existence.

> > Any ideas on how to go about correcting?

> > And, of course, I need to get this working ASAP.

> > Thanks for any help!

> > --

> This is an old and, as far as I know unchanged since release, IE7
> feature/bug. Unfortunately the only workarounds are to use persistent
> cookies, or to not open the document in a separate IE window.

Do you know if this was an issue in IE 6?