Cannot open xps Files

Juno

Cannot open xps Files
I have just started getting this when trying to open an xps file "Your
current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded" never
been a problem before, any ideas what I have done?

Cheers...

Information Technology

Re: Cannot open xps Files

--

Well, I'll start off with the obvious questions and go from there.

Have you changed any security settings in the recent past?

What version of IE and Windows are you running?

Have you applied any recent updates to your windows machine?

Have you installed any new software recently?

Let's get those answers and we can move on from there.
Donald Anadell

Re: Cannot open xps Files

"Juno" <arbd87@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>I have just started getting this when trying to open an xps file "Your
>current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded" never
>been a problem before, any ideas what I have done?

Two possible areas that might be causing this issue:

Windows Mail Options:
Untick: "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could
potentially be a virus"

IE7 Options:
Tools||Internet Options||Security(tab)||Internet(zone)||Custom
Level...||.NET Framework||XPS Documents
Tick: "Enable"

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Cheers...

Juno

Re: Cannot open xps Files

"Information Technology" <bjk002@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Juno wrote:
>
>> I have just started getting this when trying to open an xps file
>> "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be
>> downloaded" never been a problem before, any ideas what I have done?
>>
>> Cheers...

> --
>
> Well, I'll start off with the obvious questions and go from there.
>
> Have you changed any security settings in the recent past?
>
> What version of IE and Windows are you running?
>
> Have you applied any recent updates to your windows machine?
>
> Have you installed any new software recently?
>
> Let's get those answers and we can move on from there.

Hi, there are no settings recently changed

IE7, XP Pro SP3

Updates are installed automatically

Nothing recently installed

Rob...

B.J.K.

Re: Cannot open xps Files
Juno wrote:

> "Information Technology" <bjk002@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Juno wrote:
> >
> > > I have just started getting this when trying to open an xps file
> > > "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be
> > > downloaded" never been a problem before, any ideas what I have
> > > done?
> > >
> > > Cheers...

> > --
> > Well, I'll start off with the obvious questions and go from there.
> >
> > Have you changed any security settings in the recent past?
> >
> > What version of IE and Windows are you running?
> >
> > Have you applied any recent updates to your windows machine?
> >
> > Have you installed any new software recently?
> >
> > Let's get those answers and we can move on from there.

> Hi, there are no settings recently changed
>
> IE7, XP Pro SP3
>
> Updates are installed automatically
>
> Nothing recently installed
>
> Rob...

Next I would verify the source of the XPS is valid/not corrupt. Is
there any way you can d/l the same document from another computer?

If so, then the next step would be to evaluate security settings of IE.

Goto Tools, Internet Options, Security tab. What "zone" level are you
at? On the same tab, click the "custom" button. Ensure that XPS
documents are "enabled".

If that does not get it done, I would then look to either a recently
installed toolbar (E.g. Yahoo toolbar), as they often come with their
own set of security settings, or possibly a recent update to your virus
software.

If none of this works...

Juno

Re: Cannot open xps Files

"B.J.K." <bjk002@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Juno wrote:
>

>> "Information Technology" <bjk002@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > --
>> > Well, I'll start off with the obvious questions and go from there.
>> >
>> > Have you changed any security settings in the recent past?
>> >
>> > What version of IE and Windows are you running?
>> >
>> > Have you applied any recent updates to your windows machine?
>> >
>> > Have you installed any new software recently?
>> >
>> > Let's get those answers and we can move on from there.

>> Hi, there are no settings recently changed
>>
>> IE7, XP Pro SP3
>>
>> Updates are installed automatically
>>
>> Nothing recently installed
>>
>> Rob...

> Next I would verify the source of the XPS is valid/not corrupt. Is
> there any way you can d/l the same document from another computer?
>
> If so, then the next step would be to evaluate security settings of IE.
>
> Goto Tools, Internet Options, Security tab. What "zone" level are you
> at? On the same tab, click the "custom" button. Ensure that XPS
> documents are "enabled".
>
> If that does not get it done, I would then look to either a recently
> installed toolbar (E.g. Yahoo toolbar), as they often come with their
> own set of security settings, or possibly a recent update to your virus
> software.
>
> If none of this works...
> --

Ding, just discovered the file was "Blocked" sorted now thanks all.