CANT RECIEVE EMAIL

STEVIE C

CANT RECIEVE EMAIL
Can anybody tell me why I can send emails and they are recieved but I cant
recieve emails, this problem has just started in the past 4 days, and I have
not changed anything on my computer. Replies to this address will be recieved
as this is my works email it is my home system that is the problem
THANKS
--
Stevie C
VanguardLH

Re: CANT RECIEVE EMAIL
STEVIE C wrote:

> Can anybody tell me why I can send emails and they are recieved but I cant
> recieve emails, this problem has just started in the past 4 days, and I have
> not changed anything on my computer. Replies to this address will be recieved
> as this is my works email it is my home system that is the problem
> THANKS

Any error message? If so, show it COMPLETE.

Also, since you are in this group which does not itself identify WHICH
e-mail client or webmail interface you are using, did you expect anyone
to guess at it?

If using the webmail interface, can you login to your unidentified
e-mail account?
STEVIE C

Re: CANT RECIEVE EMAIL
I dont get any error messages.
I do not know what you mean when you say "WHICH
> e-mail client or webmail interface you are using, did you expect anyone
> to guess at it?"

It would be nice if we were all experts but unfortunately we are not! Which
is why we ask people like yourself to help.
My ISP is clannet.co.uk My email client is called ZImbra that is all the
info I have.

Regards

Stevie C

--
Stevie C

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> STEVIE C wrote:
>
> > Can anybody tell me why I can send emails and they are recieved but I cant
> > recieve emails, this problem has just started in the past 4 days, and I have
> > not changed anything on my computer. Replies to this address will be recieved
> > as this is my works email it is my home system that is the problem
> > THANKS

> Any error message? If so, show it COMPLETE.
>
> Also, since you are in this group which does not itself identify WHICH
> e-mail client or webmail interface you are using, did you expect anyone
> to guess at it?
>
> If using the webmail interface, can you login to your unidentified
> e-mail account?

Daniel Crichton

Re: CANT RECIEVE EMAIL
If you search on Google for Zimbra, you'll find it's not a Microsoft
product. And on top of that, this newsgroup is for Internet Explorer, which
has nothing to do with Zimbra whatsoever unless you are using the Zimbra Web
Client (and even then IE is just a browser interfacing to Zimbra). However,
as you say there are no error messages, then this would suggest that the
fault lies with Zimbra, in which case you will need to contact Clannet (who
I assume are using Zimbra on their website for customers to use for
webmail). Have you not already contacted them?

Dan

STEVIE wrote on Thu, 20 Nov 2008 03:50:01 -0800:

> I dont get any error messages.
> I do not know what you mean when you say "WHICH
>> e-mail client or webmail interface you are using, did you expect
>> anyone to guess at it?"

> It would be nice if we were all experts but unfortunately we are not!
> Which is why we ask people like yourself to help.
> My ISP is clannet.co.uk My email client is called ZImbra that is all
> the info I have.

> Regards

> Stevie C

> --
> Stevie C

> "VanguardLH" wrote:

>> STEVIE C wrote:

>>> Can anybody tell me why I can send emails and they are recieved but
>>> I cant recieve emails, this problem has just started in the past 4
>>> days, and I have not changed anything on my computer. Replies to
>>> this address will be recieved as this is my works email it is my
>>> home system that is the problem
>>> THANKS

>> Any error message? If so, show it COMPLETE.

>> Also, since you are in this group which does not itself identify
>> WHICH e-mail client or webmail interface you are using, did you
>> expect anyone to guess at it?

>> If using the webmail interface, can you login to your unidentified
>> e-mail account?

Gordon

Re: CANT RECIEVE EMAIL
"STEVIE C" <STEVIEC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> It would be nice if we were all experts but unfortunately we are not!

You don't have to be an expert to notice the title of this group: Internet
Explorer General. IE is neither a Mail client, nor your ISP....it's a WEB
BROWSER.

Re: CANT RECIEVE EMAIL
And your IE question is...?

Zimbra Support Portal for ZCS Network Edition customers and partners
https://support.zimbra.com/

If you've installed Yahoo Zimbra Desktop:

<QP>
Zimbra Desktop is free for anyone use and is currently a 'Beta' version. We
do not directly support this product; you can find help and tips in the
Zimbra Forums (http://www.zimbra.com/forums/).

We also strongly encourage you to file any bugs or enhancement request in
Bugzilla. As with any Beta product, please use Zimbra Desktop at your own
discretion. We do not recommend Zimbra customers run Zimbra Desktop Beta in
production.
</QP>
Source: http://www.zimbra.com/products/desktop_features.html
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

STEVIE C wrote:
> I dont get any error messages.
> I do not know what you mean when you say "WHICH
>> e-mail client or webmail interface you are using, did you expect anyone
>> to guess at it?"

> It would be nice if we were all experts but unfortunately we are not!
> Which
> is why we ask people like yourself to help.
> My ISP is clannet.co.uk My email client is called ZImbra that is all the
> info I have.
>
> Regards
>
> Stevie C
>

>> STEVIE C wrote:
>>
>>> Can anybody tell me why I can send emails and they are recieved but I
>>> cant
>>> recieve emails, this problem has just started in the past 4 days, and I
>>> have not changed anything on my computer. Replies to this address will
>>> be
>>> recieved as this is my works email it is my home system that is the
>>> problem
>>> THANKS

>> Any error message? If so, show it COMPLETE.
>>
>> Also, since you are in this group which does not itself identify WHICH
>> e-mail client or webmail interface you are using, did you expect anyone
>> to guess at it?
>>
>> If using the webmail interface, can you login to your unidentified
>> e-mail account?

VanguardLH

Re: CANT RECIEVE EMAIL
STEVIE C wrote:

> I dont get any error messages.

Then how do you know if there are any e-mails to receive? Maybe no one
is sending you e-mails. Maybe their spam filter is dumping the ones
that you do get into a junk folder. Unless you use the webmail
interface that gives you DIRECT access to your e-mail account without
the use of any other intervening software, how do you know if there are
any mails waiting in your server-side Inbox? An e-mail agent is not
going to report an error when there are no e-mails for it to retrieve.
Fact is, the e-mail agent will poll your e-mail account very often when
there are no e-mails to retrieve from there (i.e., your Inbox is
empty).

> I do not know what you mean when you say "WHICH
>> e-mail client or webmail interface you are using, did you expect
>> anyone to guess at it?"

Okay, then WHAT do you use to access your e-mails? They magically
appear floating in the air in front of your eyes? You use something to
look at your e-mails. What would that be? Are you using a web browser
to look at them? Are you using a local e-mail client to retrieve and
read them, like Outlook [Express], Thunderbird, Eudora, or some other
e-mail program that runs on your host? Internet Explorer is a web
browser, not an e-mail agent, and why you will be asked to identify
just how you are trying to get at your e-mails. You'll have to tell
us. We aren't there at your host.

> It would be nice if we were all experts but unfortunately we are not!
> Which is why we ask people like yourself to help.

But no one can help you with an unidentified access method to your
e-mails. If you don't provide details then replies will be just as
vague.

> My ISP is clannet.co.uk

Then use http://mailgate.clannet.co.uk/ to use their webmail interface
to your account to see if you actually have any e-mails sitting in your
Inbox folder there. That link to "Check Email" is at the top center of
your ISP's home page (http://www.clannet.co.uk/).

> My email client is called ZImbra that is all the info I have.

Zimbra is yet another of those "web desktop" services that try to run
server-side apps and which you can only access when online. I doubt
you'll get help here in a newsgroup about Internet Explorer regarding
some 3rd party web desktop product to access your e-mails.

Just WHO is your e-mail provider? Why not use THEIR webmail interface
to access your e-mails? If you don't want to get stuck with the
limited feature set of a webmail interface to your e-mail account, look
into using a local e-mail client (Outlook Express, Outlook (pricey),
Thunderbird, Pegasus, etc.). Zimbra just adds more stuff in the way of
you getting at your online data. The idea is to give you an online
desktop that is the same no matter from which host you connect to the
Zimbra service but not every host is going to be capable of rendering
their Ajax code.

http://www.zimbra.com/demos/zimbra_overview.html (You'll need Flash
enabled, but it wasn't working for me at the moment.)

For support, go to http://www.zimbra.com/support. For help from other
users, go to http://www.zimbra.com/forums/. If you are required to use
this "stuff" (being polite here) then someone shoved it on your host
and you are being forced to use this "stuff", go ask them for support.
You don't need Zimbra or any other web desktop to access your e-mails
so decide if you really need that "stuff" in your way.

Zimbra is an example of "if enough time has elapsed then users forget
and we can go back to using dumb terminals with all the apps running up
on the server". Although web desktops have been around for a few
years, I don't consider them stable enough to waste time with them.
You're already relying on a 3rd party to deliver your e-mails, and now
you want to add another 3rd party to route them to a web desktop so you
can see that desktop with a web browser? If something breaks up at the
service provider's end, you can ask them for help. If something breaks
at your local end (on your host), you can get user or vendor support for
that product. For this ethereal web desktop environment, you're screwed
in trying to get help from a middleman who doesn't support either end.