IE8 Beta news (FYI)

IE8: What’s After Beta 2
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...er-beta-2.aspx

===========================

IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:

===========================

IE8 Beta home page
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...a/default.aspx

IE8 Beta 2 Release Notes
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949787

New Features in IE8 Beta 2
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...-features.aspx

IEBlog: IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Rob Giordano [MS MVP]

Re: IE8 Beta news (FYI)
And, after RTM follows at least a year of whining.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

> IE8: What’s After Beta 2
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...er-beta-2.aspx
>
> ===========================
>
> IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta
>
> Via the web-interface:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xplorer. beta
>
> Via your newsreader:
>
> ===========================
>
> IE8 Beta home page
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...a/default.aspx
>
> IE8 Beta 2 Release Notes
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949787
>
> New Features in IE8 Beta 2
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...-features.aspx
>
> IEBlog: IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...and-xpsp3.aspx
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 Beta news (FYI)
Ah yes...I know it well. All the people who didn't know how to install
IE 7 and never learned how to use it, and who subsequently ranted in the
newsgroups about how much Internet Explorer 'sucks', will clamor to be
among the very first to install IE 8, and the cycle will start anew.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine

Rob Giordano [MS MVP] wrote:
> And, after RTM follows at least a year of whining.

Walt Morgan

Re: IE8 Beta news (FYI)
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:49:58 -0500, Leonard Grey
<l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Ah yes...I know it well. All the people who didn't know how to install
>IE 7 and never learned how to use it, and who subsequently ranted in the
>newsgroups about how much Internet Explorer 'sucks', will clamor to be
>among the very first to install IE 8, and the cycle will start anew.
>---
>Leonard Grey
>Errare Humanum Est
>
>Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine
>http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2334856,00.asp
>
>Rob Giordano [MS MVP] wrote:
>> And, after RTM follows at least a year of whining.

But some, me among them, had and have legitimate
complants. I'm still using IE6 because IE7 slowes
my computer down. Very nioticebality I have tried IE7
on three seperate occasions with the same results.
IE6 works fine, IE 7 doesn't.
Walt

Re: IE8 Beta news (FYI)
Cannot reproduce here. Wonder why?

Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express Newsreader
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx

Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

Walt Morgan wrote:
>snip>
> But some, me among them, had and have legitimate
> complants. I'm still using IE6 because IE7 slowes
> my computer down. Very nioticebality I have tried IE7
> on three seperate occasions with the same results.
> IE6 works fine, IE 7 doesn't.

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 Beta news (FYI)
I have observed no slowdown vis-a-vis IE 6 in my 6+ year old PC. FWIW,
IE 7 and FF 3 open and work equally quickly for me.

If you don't like IE 7, then switch to Firefox or Opera or Safari. Don't
stay with IE 6: It's not as secure as the newer browsers and it's behind
the times in features.
---

Walt Morgan wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:49:58 -0500, Leonard Grey
> <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Ah yes...I know it well. All the people who didn't know how to install
>> IE 7 and never learned how to use it, and who subsequently ranted in the
>> newsgroups about how much Internet Explorer 'sucks', will clamor to be
>> among the very first to install IE 8, and the cycle will start anew.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare Humanum Est
>>
>> Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine
>>
>> Rob Giordano [MS MVP] wrote:
>>> And, after RTM follows at least a year of whining.
>>>

> But some, me among them, had and have legitimate
> complants. I'm still using IE6 because IE7 slowes
> my computer down. Very nioticebality I have tried IE7
> on three seperate occasions with the same results.
> IE6 works fine, IE 7 doesn't.
> Walt

Jim

Re: IE8 Beta news (FYI)

> Cannot reproduce here. Wonder why?
>
> Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express Newsreader
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx
> Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> Walt Morgan wrote:
>>snip>
>> But some, me among them, had and have legitimate
>> complants. I'm still using IE6 because IE7 slowes
>> my computer down. Very nioticebality I have tried IE7
>> on three seperate occasions with the same results.
>> IE6 works fine, IE 7 doesn't.

Cockpit problem perhaps?
Jim