Inverted Black Image on IE7

Ace

Inverted Black Image on IE7
Hello....1 user in my company is having problems viewing our public web site.
When they click here [http://www4.infotrieve.com/neworders/order_manual.asp]
most of the web page [middle-right] has a black background instead of white.

Text is visiable, buttons work, & page functions ok but the image on this
documet order form page is inverted & its only specific to 1 user. We have
even compared source code from the bad pc to a good pc & its identical.

Any thoughts?...thank you
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: Inverted Black Image on IE7
"Ace" <Ace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello....1 user in my company is having problems viewing our public web
> site.
> When they click here
> [http://www4.infotrieve.com/neworders/order_manual.asp]
> most of the web page [middle-right] has a black background instead of
> white.
>
> Text is visiable, buttons work, & page functions ok but the image on this
> documet order form page is inverted & its only specific to 1 user. We have
> even compared source code from the bad pc to a good pc & its identical.
>
> Any thoughts?...thank you

I know of three causes for the vast majority of such problems:
1. You might have incompatible add-ons:
Go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools
and click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

2. Tools | Internet Options | Advanced
Scroll to the bottom and click Reset Internet Explorer Settings. Read this
article first:
How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Note that the Reset IE Settings button will delete AutoComplete data (such
as passwords.) Do you have those backed up?

3. Malware already installed on the computer: Help with malware
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for
malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you
owe it to the author. See also:
of.

You might also try the steps here:
"Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts"

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Don Varnau

Re: Inverted Black Image on IE7
Hi,
I suspect that High Contrast has been turned on.
Does [Alt + Shift + PrintScreen] revert to the standard display?

From Control Panel> Accessibility (XP) or Control Panel> Ease of Access
Center you can disable that keyboard shortcut.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]