IE and blogger?

Ouissi

IE and blogger?
I designed my blog whilst checking IE...but tonight I got a message that it
didn't look right so I downloaded IE and checked it.

It is just running into one long list with no difference between the sidebar
and main body.

i have been onto blogger but that looks really messed up too and help will
not show up ion IE (it is all fine on safari and firefox) and I started a new
blog to test...even the basic templates are wonky.

Could someone have a look or let me know what is going on?? i know it used
to look fine!!

http://ajournalofdreams.blogspot.com
Donna M

Re: IE and blogger?
I am using IE7 on Vista Home Premium and it's all messed up for me. If
there's supposed to be a sidebar, I'm not seeing one. I'm not familiar with
the Blogger templates so I can't help you out with a solution. It looks
fabulous in Firefox. I wonder what went bad with IE?

"Ouissi" <Ouissi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I designed my blog whilst checking IE...but tonight I got a message that it
> didn't look right so I downloaded IE and checked it.
>
> It is just running into one long list with no difference between the
> sidebar
> and main body.
>
> i have been onto blogger but that looks really messed up too and help will
> not show up ion IE (it is all fine on safari and firefox) and I started a
> new
> blog to test...even the basic templates are wonky.
>
> Could someone have a look or let me know what is going on?? i know it used
> to look fine!!
>
> http://ajournalofdreams.blogspot.com

rob^_^

Re: IE and blogger?
Hi,

Start by reviewing the HTML Validation report for your page

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos....blogspot.com/
(266 errors)

Too many errors for someone to tell you what one problem there is, but at a
guess look for orphaned div's
eg.

good luck.

Regards.

"Ouissi" <Ouissi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I designed my blog whilst checking IE...but tonight I got a message that
> it
> didn't look right so I downloaded IE and checked it.
>
> It is just running into one long list with no difference between the
> sidebar
> and main body.
>
> i have been onto blogger but that looks really messed up too and help will
> not show up ion IE (it is all fine on safari and firefox) and I started a
> new
> blog to test...even the basic templates are wonky.
>
> Could someone have a look or let me know what is going on?? i know it used
> to look fine!!
>
> http://ajournalofdreams.blogspot.com

Ouissi

Re: IE and blogger?
Thanks.

but in both firefox and safari, when I run the code there are no open and
orphaned divs....I went through it line by line last night...this doesn't
make any sense!!

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Start by reviewing the HTML Validation report for your page
>
> http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos....blogspot.com/
> (266 errors)
>
> Too many errors for someone to tell you what one problem there is, but at a
> guess look for orphaned div's
> eg.

> good luck.
>
> Regards.
>

> "Ouissi" <Ouissi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I designed my blog whilst checking IE...but tonight I got a message that
> > it
> > didn't look right so I downloaded IE and checked it.
> >
> > It is just running into one long list with no difference between the
> > sidebar
> > and main body.
> >
> > i have been onto blogger but that looks really messed up too and help will
> > not show up ion IE (it is all fine on safari and firefox) and I started a
> > new
> > blog to test...even the basic templates are wonky.
> >
> > Could someone have a look or let me know what is going on?? i know it used
> > to look fine!!
> >
> > http://ajournalofdreams.blogspot.com

Ouissi

Re: IE and blogger?
I just went through the link in your post and the first 25 errors they found
are not true...they say there are missing elements that are there...at least
they are in firefox ;(

I may go through them all but I am just getting more and more confused.

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Start by reviewing the HTML Validation report for your page
>
> http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos....blogspot.com/
> (266 errors)
>
> Too many errors for someone to tell you what one problem there is, but at a
> guess look for orphaned div's
> eg.

> good luck.
>
> Regards.
>

> "Ouissi" <Ouissi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I designed my blog whilst checking IE...but tonight I got a message that
> > it
> > didn't look right so I downloaded IE and checked it.
> >
> > It is just running into one long list with no difference between the
> > sidebar
> > and main body.
> >
> > i have been onto blogger but that looks really messed up too and help will
> > not show up ion IE (it is all fine on safari and firefox) and I started a
> > new
> > blog to test...even the basic templates are wonky.
> >
> > Could someone have a look or let me know what is going on?? i know it used
> > to look fine!!
> >
> > http://ajournalofdreams.blogspot.com

Ouissi

Re: IE and blogger?
I have just been through the majority and it is finding fault with bloggers
actual code...nothing to do with my template at all and nothing i can
actually change.

Blogger does not look right on IE either....

"Ouissi" wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> but in both firefox and safari, when I run the code there are no open and
> orphaned divs....I went through it line by line last night...this doesn't
> make any sense!!
>
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Start by reviewing the HTML Validation report for your page
> >
> > http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos....blogspot.com/
> > (266 errors)
> >
> > Too many errors for someone to tell you what one problem there is, but at a
> > guess look for orphaned div's
> > eg.

> > good luck.
> >
> > Regards.
> >

> > "Ouissi" <Ouissi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I designed my blog whilst checking IE...but tonight I got a message that
> > > it
> > > didn't look right so I downloaded IE and checked it.
> > >
> > > It is just running into one long list with no difference between the
> > > sidebar
> > > and main body.
> > >
> > > i have been onto blogger but that looks really messed up too and help will
> > > not show up ion IE (it is all fine on safari and firefox) and I started a
> > > new
> > > blog to test...even the basic templates are wonky.
> > >
> > > Could someone have a look or let me know what is going on?? i know it used
> > > to look fine!!
> > >
> > > http://ajournalofdreams.blogspot.com

Daniel Crichton

Re: IE and blogger?
If you read the report carefully, you will see why they are errors.

First up, you have to use /> at the end of a tag that is self-containing in
XHTML (such as <input ... />, <link rel ... />, and a load of others). Your
favicon reference is missing this, as are your form fields. Then you've got
dodgy links - you can't use & in them, you have to use &amp; instead. You've
also got an iframe - that isn't allowed in XHTML Strict, which is the
DOCTYPE that you're using, and the following bunch of errors are because of
that iframe tag - while it's in the code, it isn't allowed to be there, but
Firefox and other browsers will overlook that.

Most of the errors boil down to using the wrong DOCTYPE - switch it to
either HTML 4.01 Transitional, or dump the iframes and fix all the self
containing tags. Other ones, such as Line 494, is down to errors in your
coding - you can't use a quotation mark within a style, you have to use an
apostrophe, eg.

style="background: url("http://blah")"

is incorrect - what you've done there is to have a style attribute with a
value of "background: url(" , followed by at http://blah attribute which is
not valid. You need to replace those quotation marks:

style="background: url('http://blah')"

Until you get all the easy errors correct, finding the other ones that are
breaking the formatting itself will be awkward to spot. Start working
through fixing the XHTML as per that report.

Dan

Ouissi wrote on Thu, 20 Nov 2008 00:27:00 -0800:

> I just went through the link in your post and the first 25 errors they
> found are not true...they say there are missing elements that are
> there...at least they are in firefox ;(

> I may go through them all but I am just getting more and more confused.

> "rob^_^" wrote:

>> Hi,

>> Start by reviewing the HTML Validation report for your page

>> http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...ournalofdreams.
>> blogspot.com/
>> (266 errors)

>> Too many errors for someone to tell you what one problem there is,
>> but at a guess look for orphaned div's eg.

>> good luck.

>> Regards.

>> "Ouissi" <Ouissi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I designed my blog whilst checking IE...but tonight I got a message
>>> that it didn't look right so I downloaded IE and checked it.

>>> It is just running into one long list with no difference between the
>>> sidebar and main body.

>>> i have been onto blogger but that looks really messed up too and
>>> help will not show up ion IE (it is all fine on safari and firefox)
>>> and I started a new blog to test...even the basic templates are
>>> wonky.

>>> Could someone have a look or let me know what is going on?? i know
>>> it used to look fine!!

>>> http://ajournalofdreams.blogspot.com

Ouissi

Re: IE and blogger?
Thanks

I'll go through and check them...but the majority of things I haven't
changed from the basic blogger templates...all the the quotation marks for
example I just changed the image names, not the quotation marks around them.

I also have not changed anything to do with an iframe!!

The really odd thing is that I know this was working on IE last week as I
was showing a friend at her work on IE and I have since changed nothing!!

I may just start again...