Pop-up Window Size

KGlennC

Pop-up Window Size
Having a problem with sizing of pop-up windows (IE7)

Pop-up windows used to display at a particular size (usually at nearly full
page size). Starting yesterday, however, all pop-ups windows are
approximately 1/4 page size. I must drag to re-size. (I don't usually like
full size because I want to be aware of the main page from which I accessed
the new page.)

I was under the impression I could re-size the pop-up window, close
everything start over and IE would remember the pop-up window size.

I've read many of the posts here on window sizing but did not find one
particular to my situation.

BTW, Problem started after attempting to install Carbonite (on-line backup
service) that kept causing blue screen... yuck. (Safe mode. Uninstalled. All
OK except for the pop-up window sizing issue.)

Re: Pop-up Window Size
Assuming you have pop-ups configured to open in a new window, resize the new
(pop-up) window, close all other IE windows, then close the resized window.
Note that some pop-ups are hard-coded to open in a particular size.

KGlennC wrote:
> Having a problem with sizing of pop-up windows (IE7)
>
> Pop-up windows used to display at a particular size (usually at nearly
> full
> page size). Starting yesterday, however, all pop-ups windows are
> approximately 1/4 page size. I must drag to re-size. (I don't usually like
> full size because I want to be aware of the main page from which I
> accessed
> the new page.)
>
> I was under the impression I could re-size the pop-up window, close
> everything start over and IE would remember the pop-up window size.
>
> I've read many of the posts here on window sizing but did not find one
> particular to my situation.
>
> BTW, Problem started after attempting to install Carbonite (on-line backup
> service) that kept causing blue screen... yuck. (Safe mode. Uninstalled.
> All
> OK except for the pop-up window sizing issue.)

Bruce Hagen

Re: Pop-up Window Size
Pop-up as in a Webpage? Close *all* other windows completely. Drag it to the
desired size and now close it. Windows only remembers the size of the last
window closed.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"KGlennC" <KGlennC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Having a problem with sizing of pop-up windows (IE7)
>
> Pop-up windows used to display at a particular size (usually at nearly
> full
> page size). Starting yesterday, however, all pop-ups windows are
> approximately 1/4 page size. I must drag to re-size. (I don't usually like
> full size because I want to be aware of the main page from which I
> accessed
> the new page.)
>
> I was under the impression I could re-size the pop-up window, close
> everything start over and IE would remember the pop-up window size.
>
> I've read many of the posts here on window sizing but did not find one
> particular to my situation.
>
> BTW, Problem started after attempting to install Carbonite (on-line backup
> service) that kept causing blue screen... yuck. (Safe mode. Uninstalled.
> All
> OK except for the pop-up window sizing issue.)

KGlennC

Re: Pop-up Window Size
It worked. Thanks!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Assuming you have pop-ups configured to open in a new window, resize the new
> (pop-up) window, close all other IE windows, then close the resized window.
> Note that some pop-ups are hard-coded to open in a particular size.
>
> KGlennC wrote:
> > Having a problem with sizing of pop-up windows (IE7)
> >
> > Pop-up windows used to display at a particular size (usually at nearly
> > full
> > page size). Starting yesterday, however, all pop-ups windows are
> > approximately 1/4 page size. I must drag to re-size. (I don't usually like
> > full size because I want to be aware of the main page from which I
> > accessed
> > the new page.)
> >
> > I was under the impression I could re-size the pop-up window, close
> > everything start over and IE would remember the pop-up window size.
> >
> > I've read many of the posts here on window sizing but did not find one
> > particular to my situation.
> >
> > BTW, Problem started after attempting to install Carbonite (on-line backup
> > service) that kept causing blue screen... yuck. (Safe mode. Uninstalled.
> > All
> > OK except for the pop-up window sizing issue.)

KGlennC

Re: Pop-up Window Size
Yes. Now works. Thanks!

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> Pop-up as in a Webpage? Close *all* other windows completely. Drag it to the
> desired size and now close it. Windows only remembers the size of the last
> window closed.
> --
>
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP Outlook Express
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "KGlennC" <KGlennC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Having a problem with sizing of pop-up windows (IE7)
> >
> > Pop-up windows used to display at a particular size (usually at nearly
> > full
> > page size). Starting yesterday, however, all pop-ups windows are
> > approximately 1/4 page size. I must drag to re-size. (I don't usually like
> > full size because I want to be aware of the main page from which I
> > accessed
> > the new page.)
> >
> > I was under the impression I could re-size the pop-up window, close
> > everything start over and IE would remember the pop-up window size.
> >
> > I've read many of the posts here on window sizing but did not find one
> > particular to my situation.
> >
> > BTW, Problem started after attempting to install Carbonite (on-line backup
> > service) that kept causing blue screen... yuck. (Safe mode. Uninstalled.
> > All
> > OK except for the pop-up window sizing issue.)

Re: Pop-up Window Size
YW

KGlennC wrote:
> It worked. Thanks!
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Assuming you have pop-ups configured to open in a new window, resize the
>> new (pop-up) window, close all other IE windows, then close the resized
>> window. Note that some pop-ups are hard-coded to open in a particular
>> size.
>>
>> KGlennC wrote:
>>> Having a problem with sizing of pop-up windows (IE7)
>>>
>>> Pop-up windows used to display at a particular size (usually at nearly
>>> full
>>> page size). Starting yesterday, however, all pop-ups windows are
>>> approximately 1/4 page size. I must drag to re-size. (I don't usually
>>> like
>>> full size because I want to be aware of the main page from which I
>>> accessed
>>> the new page.)
>>>
>>> I was under the impression I could re-size the pop-up window, close
>>> everything start over and IE would remember the pop-up window size.
>>>
>>> I've read many of the posts here on window sizing but did not find one
>>> particular to my situation.
>>>
>>> BTW, Problem started after attempting to install Carbonite (on-line
>>> backup
>>> service) that kept causing blue screen... yuck. (Safe mode. Uninstalled.
>>> All
>>> OK except for the pop-up window sizing issue.)

Bruce Hagen

Re: Pop-up Window Size
You're welcome.