IE7 not responding

Sven Pran

IE7 not responding
All of a sudden my IE7 began a couple of weeks ago occationally acting
weird.
The common symptom is that it is "not responding", but I am unable to find
out if it has actually frozen permanently or just entered a long lasting
delay. The immediate cure is to force IE7 and restart it.

The only changes to my system (Vista, Home premium) in this period has been
the regular automatic updates from Mocrosoft.

I have noticed some postings here to suspect special add-ins, I am not aware
that I have any such, and in particular I am not aware that I have any new
add-ins.

My suspicion is that somehow one of the automatic updates from MS has been
the cause of this behaviour and I should like to know if anybody knows more
on this?

regards Sven

Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 not responding
Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine

Sven Pran wrote:
> All of a sudden my IE7 began a couple of weeks ago occationally acting
> weird.
> The common symptom is that it is "not responding", but I am unable to
> find out if it has actually frozen permanently or just entered a long
> lasting delay. The immediate cure is to force IE7 and restart it.
>
> The only changes to my system (Vista, Home premium) in this period has
> been the regular automatic updates from Mocrosoft.
>
> I have noticed some postings here to suspect special add-ins, I am not
> aware that I have any such, and in particular I am not aware that I have
> any new add-ins.
>
> My suspicion is that somehow one of the automatic updates from MS has
> been the cause of this behaviour and I should like to know if anybody
> knows more on this?
>
> regards Sven

Re: IE7 not responding
In no certain order:

How to troubleshoot network connectivity problems in Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936211

How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215

How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/