Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 conflict with Norton 360

Roger Hutchison

Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 conflict with Norton 360
I have a problem with Norton 360 and Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2. The phishing
protection does not stay on. Every 10 minutes Norton 360 says my phishing
filter is not set to detect fraudulent websites. I turn in back on and 10
minutes later it says it's off again. I also had a problem logging into
Identity Safe from the Norton toolbar. I am staying with version 7 until
version 8 is complete.

Roger Hutchison
Kayman

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 conflict with Norton 360
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 18:25:01 -0800, Roger Hutchison wrote:

> I have a problem with Norton 360 and Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2. The phishing
> protection does not stay on. Every 10 minutes Norton 360 says my phishing
> filter is not set to detect fraudulent websites. I turn in back on and 10
> minutes later it says it's off again. I also had a problem logging into
> Identity Safe from the Norton toolbar. I am staying with version 7 until
> version 8 is complete.

Good move. Now re-consider the use of Norton 360!
Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 conflict with Norton 360
Would that everyone take your advice. IE 8 beta releases are for
application and web developers.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine

Roger Hutchison wrote:
> I have a problem with Norton 360 and Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2. The phishing
> protection does not stay on. Every 10 minutes Norton 360 says my phishing
> filter is not set to detect fraudulent websites. I turn in back on and 10
> minutes later it says it's off again. I also had a problem logging into
> Identity Safe from the Norton toolbar. I am staying with version 7 until
> version 8 is complete.
>
> Roger Hutchison

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 conflict with Norton 360
Did Symantec tell you that N360 was compatible with IE8 Beta 2?

Actually, there have been quite a few threads about this in the IE
Beta-specific newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Roger Hutchison wrote:
> I have a problem with Norton 360 and Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2. The
> phishing protection does not stay on. Every 10 minutes Norton 360 says my
> phishing filter is not set to detect fraudulent websites. I turn in back
> on and 10 minutes later it says it's off again. I also had a problem
> logging into Identity Safe from the Norton toolbar. I am staying with
> version 7 until version 8 is complete.
>
> Roger Hutchison

booklover

RE: Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 conflict with Norton 360
hi roger me to and its making me crazy, but now cannot seem to get out of
in.exploer 8, any tips please,do i have to reinstall in.e3x.7 cannot find any
help anywhere, so hope u dont mind my asking, thanks from New Zealand
--
booklover

"Roger Hutchison" wrote:

> I have a problem with Norton 360 and Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2. The phishing
> protection does not stay on. Every 10 minutes Norton 360 says my phishing
> filter is not set to detect fraudulent websites. I turn in back on and 10
> minutes later it says it's off again. I also had a problem logging into
> Identity Safe from the Norton toolbar. I am staying with version 7 until
> version 8 is complete.
>
> Roger Hutchison

TaurArian

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 conflict with Norton 360
How do I uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

Windows Internet Explorer 8 does not appear in the "Currently installed
updates" list in Windows Vista or in Windows Server 2008
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/965227/

Release Notes for Internet Explorer 8
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/dd441788.aspx

booklover wrote:
:: hi roger me to and its making me crazy, but now cannot seem to get
:: out of in.exploer 8, any tips please,do i have to reinstall in.e3x.7
:: cannot find any help anywhere, so hope u dont mind my asking, thanks
:: from New Zealand --
:: booklover
::
::
:: "Roger Hutchison" wrote:
::
::: I have a problem with Norton 360 and Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2.
::: The phishing protection does not stay on. Every 10 minutes Norton
::: 360 says my phishing filter is not set to detect fraudulent
::: websites. I turn in back on and 10 minutes later it says it's off
::: again. I also had a problem logging into Identity Safe from the
::: Norton toolbar. I am staying with version 7 until version 8 is
::: complete.
:::
::: Roger Hutchison