RE: Please Don't Expand Folders Favorites Menu!

Disapointed

RE: Please Don't Expand Folders Favorites Menu!
Why does not Microsoft expand all "folders" -threads here in this Forum!?? It
would be much more "easy" to find everything here then... I hope they fire
the person who created Expanded Folders in IE7. Imagine 2011 open folders
then you want to add to favorites...

"Lynn McClure" wrote:

> So, has MS heard that we would really love to go back to folders that are not
> already expanded in the drop down favorites list? This is just so
> frustrating.. I have hundreds of favorites listed in sub catagory folders
> and it takes forever to place my bookmarks. Makes me want to go use another
> brower everytime I try to save a bookmark.
> --
> Lynn Mc
>

> "Jakey" wrote:
>
> > PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
> > PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
> >
> > Did I say PLEASE?
> >
> > Oy vey what a HORRIBLE idea.
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Rob Giordano [MS MVP]

Re: Please Don't Expand Folders Favorites Menu!
Because this is NOT a forum this is originating from a nntp newsgroup
(Usenet). The web interface you are using is a clunker.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Disapointed" <Disapointed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why does not Microsoft expand all "folders" -threads here in this Forum!??
> It
> would be much more "easy" to find everything here then... I hope they
> fire
> the person who created Expanded Folders in IE7. Imagine 2011 open folders
> then you want to add to favorites...
>
> "Lynn McClure" wrote:
>
>> So, has MS heard that we would really love to go back to folders that are
>> not
>> already expanded in the drop down favorites list? This is just so
>> frustrating.. I have hundreds of favorites listed in sub catagory
>> folders
>> and it takes forever to place my bookmarks. Makes me want to go use
>> another
>> brower everytime I try to save a bookmark.
>> --
>> Lynn Mc
>>

>> "Jakey" wrote:
>>
>> > PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
>> > PLEASE
>> > PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
>> >
>> > Did I say PLEASE?
>> >
>> > Oy vey what a HORRIBLE idea.
>> >
>> > ----------------
>> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>> > "I
>> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>> > this
>> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>> > then
>> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>> >
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

a.k.a.

Re: Please Don't Expand Folders Favorites Menu!

Hello, fellow IE Interface Syndrome sufferers!

We all want this request heard, so if you stumble on this thread down the
line, please "vote for" every post on this thread in the Discussion Groups --
expesshally Vanguard's post, as he's got the right idea for how to resolve
this. If you're reading this via NNTP, the current thread is here, where you
can vote:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=us

Indeed, if you don't mind, I'm going to post a link to this discussion on
the IE8 beta Discussion Group as well.

As to substantive remarks, let's add to Vanguard's suggestion:

The entire Favorites Center interface has had its day. The IE8 dev team
would do much better to just DITCH BOTH THE ADD TO FAVORITES / SAVE DIALOGUE
AND THE FAVORITES CENTER INTERFACES AND PROVIDE A FAVORITES SIDEBAR IN IE8
THAT IS A FULLY-FUNCTIONAL WINDOWS EXPLORER UI. Think of the advantages. No
more hassle with a molasses-like editing interface when you're trying
supposedly to "organize" (cough-cough) your Favorites. By the time you have
an overload of bookmarks you tend to have figured out the shortcut to the
Favorites and Common Feeds List are kept in Windows Explorer anyway, so that
you can actually be editing them 5x more quickly. FC just can't handle it.

IE should AT LEAST go with Vanguard's insight that you need an expandable
folder tree view in Save. But let's add that in order to handle the
navigation of the expandable folder tree, you need a bigger dialogue box. At
that point, you've really already crossed over into territory that is much
more efficiently handled through the Windows Explorer interface, not IE's
'Save Dialogue Lite.'