Re: Please Don't Expand Folders Favorites Menu!

Disapointed

Re: Please Don't Expand Folders Favorites Menu!
yes but NO... sorry smiley..

With my 2011 Favorites in 495 Folders and with all these folders expanded in
IE7 I have to press the letter S hundreds of times before I come to the right
folder...
This because when you press S you will enter a Folder, a folder in a folder
in a folder, a Favorite in a folder in a folder in a folder in a foldar, and
so on.
This is totally confusing and you do really not know where you are in the
catalogue tree.
It takes minutes instead of seconds to add to Favorites in IE7. I always use
the method to press a Lettter then I add aFavorite in IE6.
Then I installed IE7 a year ago, I was sure this was a bug. I was looking
around for a fix but noo.. I Uninstalled IE7 and installed IE6 Again. Now a
year later I recognized that this huge problem is still not fixed. I am for
the first time very disapointed of Microsoft after using many of their
products in over 12 years.
Please fix the bug problem with all expanded Folders in Internet explorer 7
Now.

"smiley" wrote:

> When you get to that expanded menu you can type a letter to at least get to
> the folder you want.
>
> --
> Kathy
> aka smiley
>
> In God We Trust
> "Not Me" <cargod01@bresnan.net> wrote in message
> >I feel your pain, too bad stupid doesn't hurt!
> > There would be MAJOR prescription claims on the MS health plan for
> > painkillers after the release of this clunker.
> >
> > "Jakey" <Jakey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Sorry, I meant when adding a bookmark...a task I now DREAD ;-(

Robert Aldwinckle

"Disapointed" <Disapointed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A5EAF6B-73F7-4312-A650-8CFF0862F9E1@microsoft.com...
> yes but NO... sorry smiley..
>
> With my 2011 Favorites in 495 Folders and with all these folders expanded in
> IE7 I have to press the letter S hundreds of times before I come to the right
> folder...

Then that would be a good reason to rearrange your folders
or rename some so you have a quicker path to the one you're thinking of.

Also, have you tried typing *two* characters at the same time?

> This because when you press S you will enter a Folder, a folder in a folder
> in a folder, a Favorite in a folder in a folder in a folder in a foldar, and
> so on.

I would be quite certain that even if you do have "hundreds" of folders
which start with S (why?) that you wouldn't have to press that letter
that many times for any optimal navigation.

> This is totally confusing and you do really not know where you are in the
> catalogue tree.
> It takes minutes instead of seconds to add to Favorites in IE7. I always use
> the method to press a Lettter then I add aFavorite in IE6.

But if it wasn't expanded you would probably be typing a different letter anyway... ; }

---