IE7 - Redirection..?

Andrew

IE7 - Redirection..?
When I try to go to windows update site..
http://update.microsoft.com
I get re-directed immediately to www.msn.com
1) Should it do this..?

Can't even get there from
Control panel... Automatic Updates.. <Windows Update Web Site..> link

Ive recently had a problem with spyware even though had
Norton Protection Center Running (Don't trust it now..!)
2) Has it moved of have I still got a problem..?

Any Assit/Feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Andrew

Re: IE7 - Redirection..?
[X-post to WU NG]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Andrew wrote:
> When I try to go to windows update site..
> http://update.microsoft.com
> I get re-directed immediately to www.msn.com
> 1) Should it do this..?
>
> Can't even get there from
> Control panel... Automatic Updates.. <Windows Update Web Site..> link
>
> Ive recently had a problem with spyware even though had
> Norton Protection Center Running (Don't trust it now..!)
> 2) Has it moved of have I still got a problem..?
>
> Any Assit/Feedback would be greatly appreciated.
> Andrew

Andrew

Re: IE7 - Redirection..?
Thx PA - Will give it a spin.
A.

| [X-post to WU NG]
|
| Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software
| http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
|
| Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting your
hijackthis log
| to an appropriate forum.
|
| Checking for/Help with Hijackware
| http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
| http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
| http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878

| http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
| http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/data/prevention.htm
| http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/tshoot.html
| http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
| http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
| http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...moving_Malware
|
| When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
| (http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to
use (in
| conjunction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix
anything on
| its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove any
| hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log
| http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...php?board=10.0,
| http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22,
| http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or another appropriate forum
for review
| by an expert in such matters, not here.**
|
| If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in
admitting this
| isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local, reputable and
| independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA or Geek Squad) computer repair
shop.
| --
| ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
| MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
| AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
| DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Andrew

Re: IE7 - Redirection..?
PA Bear: -
I used -- SpybotSD-- Loads of problems fixed.
All sorted out now.
Thanks for your help.
A.