Re: I deleted IE7 and I can't install IE6! PLEASE HELP!!

Re: I deleted IE7 and I can't install IE6! PLEASE HELP!!
[Crossposted to IE General newsgroup]

Are you running WinXP SP2 or WinXP SP3, Jane?

About IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3

> ...I manually deleted it.

What exactly did you delete? Have you rebooted since doing all this?

Open Add/Remove Programs | open Add/Remove Windows Components: Is "Internet
Explorer" checked here? If not, check it & reboot (again).
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

wisdom.jane@gmail.com

Re: I deleted IE7 and I can't install IE6! PLEASE HELP!!

> Are you running WinXP SP2 or WinXP SP3, Jane?

Uh.. heehee.... I don't know much about computers.... :]
I have NO idea which SP I'm using.. *yikes

> > ...I manually deleted it.

> What exactly did you delete? *Have you rebooted since doing all this?

I went to start-run-%windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe
And yes, I did rebootted since then... several times..

What am I doing wrong here?..
*sigh..
I'm about ready to let my computer FLY~

wisdom.jane@gmail.com

Re: I deleted IE7 and I can't install IE6! PLEASE HELP!!
Oh.. I see that I can see which SP I have..
Will do that as soon as finish doing whatever I'm doing to the
computer... :\

Re: I deleted IE7 and I can't install IE6! PLEASE HELP!!
To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. To avoid confusion, try not to
post your reply inline. Thank you.

To determine your WinXP version, right-click on My Computer & select
Properties; the version will be displayed on that tab.

Having determined whether you're running WinXP SP2 or WinXP SP3, see
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...nd-xpsp3.aspx: Does this
apply to you?

Repost:
> Open Add/Remove Programs | open Add/Remove Windows Components: Is
> "Internet
> Explorer" checked here? If not, check it & reboot (again).

Please answer the above question.
--
~PA Bear

wisdom.jane@gmail.com wrote:
<paste>
> Oh.. I see that I can see which SP I have..
> Will do that as soon as finish doing whatever I'm doing to the
> computer...

</paste>
>> Are you running WinXP SP2 or WinXP SP3, Jane?

> Uh.. heehee.... I don't know much about computers.... :]
> I have NO idea which SP I'm using.. *yikes
>
>> What exactly did you delete? Have you rebooted since doing all this?

> I went to start-run-%windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe
> And yes, I did rebootted since then... several times..
>
> What am I doing wrong here?..

<snip>
<paste>