using i.e., can't stay logged onto password protected accts.

m1105kb

using i.e., can't stay logged onto password protected accts.
Using IE7 and when I get into hotmail account, yahoo account, or other
password protected accounts, I cannot do much before I end up back at the log
in screen. Also have Firefox on same computer and it works fine. Specific to
IE only and specific to thie computer, other computer has IE7 working fine.
All internet options have been verified, thinking could be virus attached to
IE or corrup active x. Any ideas.
Leonard Grey

Re: using i.e., can't stay logged onto password protected accts.
Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine

m1105kb wrote:
> Using IE7 and when I get into hotmail account, yahoo account, or other
> password protected accounts, I cannot do much before I end up back at the log
> in screen. Also have Firefox on same computer and it works fine. Specific to
> IE only and specific to thie computer, other computer has IE7 working fine.
> All internet options have been verified, thinking could be virus attached to
> IE or corrup active x. Any ideas.

m1105kb

Re: using i.e., can't stay logged onto password protected accts.
You pegged it, runs fine in "no add-ons mode. Now how do I figure out which
add on is the culprit? I disabled all of the ones that were "not verified".
Any ideas?

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:
>
> If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
> box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
>
> If you have XP: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
> Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
>
> Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
> following target path:
>
> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
>
> If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
> of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine
>
> m1105kb wrote:
> > Using IE7 and when I get into hotmail account, yahoo account, or other
> > password protected accounts, I cannot do much before I end up back at the log
> > in screen. Also have Firefox on same computer and it works fine. Specific to
> > IE only and specific to thie computer, other computer has IE7 working fine.
> > All internet options have been verified, thinking could be virus attached to
> > IE or corrup active x. Any ideas.

Leonard Grey

Re: using i.e., can't stay logged onto password protected accts.
The solution is easy, but can be tedious. Try it with a merlot.

Use the Manage Add-ons tool to determine which add-on is causing the
problem:

1- Control Panel > Internet Options > Programs tab > 'Manage add-ons'
button > 'Manage Add-ons' window.

2- In the Show box, select 'Add-ons that have been used by Internet
Explorer' to display all add-ons that are installed on the computer. For
each item in this list, select the add-on, and then click Disable under
Settings. When you have disabled all the items in this list, click OK.

3- Start Internet Explorer 7. Go to Tools > point to Manage Add-ons >
click Enable or Disable Add-ons. Now enable a single add-on, then exit
and restart Internet Explorer 7 to see if it works properly. Repeat
until you determine which add-on causes the problem to occur.

Once you've located the troublemaking add-on(s) ask the vendor's
technical support for help.

---