IE encountered problem and needs to shut down

Leigh

IE encountered problem and needs to shut down
I am not completely computer savvy so please bear with me. I am running
Windows Vista with IE-7. When I go to one particular site (delta.com) and
try to open the link "full searches" or "multi-city" on their home page my
IE stops working. Get the message that a problem has been encountered and
IE will sometimes shut down or sometimes restart. I have no other issues on
their site nor have I had continuous problems on any other site. I do full
scans for viruses, spyware, malware, have done a complete test in Manage
add-ons and it still will not open those two links. This happens every time
and reports are being sent to Microsoft to no avail. I would imagine that
if it were a Delta problem then others would be experiencing the same
problem. I have contacted Delta but haven't heard back from them. I just
assume it's something in my computer but I don't know what and don't begin
to know where to go from here. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Thanks for any help you can provide as this is becoming a problem.
Below is the report on the issue as seen in the Problem Reports and
Solutions.....checked again today and no solution found.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: iexplore.exe

Application Version: 7.0.6001.18000

Application Timestamp: 47918f11

Fault Module Name: mshtml.dll

Fault Module Version: 7.0.6001.18148

Fault Module Timestamp: 48e44427

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00208be5

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: fd00

Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Additional Information 3: fd00

Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Leonard Grey

Re: IE encountered problem and needs to shut down
This is frequently caused by an incompatible browser add-on. The
troubleshooting steps described below will help you to diagnose and fix
the problem:

How to Optimize or Reset Internet Explorer 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/

(Give the Guided Help a try.)

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by malicious software
('malware') that has been installed on your computer.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Leigh wrote:
> I am not completely computer savvy so please bear with me. I am running
> Windows Vista with IE-7. When I go to one particular site (delta.com)
> and try to open the link "full searches" or "multi-city" on their home
> page my IE stops working. Get the message that a problem has been
> encountered and IE will sometimes shut down or sometimes restart. I
> have no other issues on their site nor have I had continuous problems
> on any other site. I do full scans for viruses, spyware, malware, have
> done a complete test in Manage add-ons and it still will not open those
> two links. This happens every time and reports are being sent to
> Microsoft to no avail. I would imagine that if it were a Delta problem
> then others would be experiencing the same problem. I have contacted
> Delta but haven't heard back from them. I just assume it's something in
> my computer but I don't know what and don't begin to know where to go
> from here. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks for any help
> you can provide as this is becoming a problem.
> Below is the report on the issue as seen in the Problem Reports and
> Solutions.....checked again today and no solution found.
>

> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>
> Application Name: iexplore.exe
>
> Application Version: 7.0.6001.18000
>
> Application Timestamp: 47918f11
>
> Fault Module Name: mshtml.dll
>
> Fault Module Version: 7.0.6001.18148
>
> Fault Module Timestamp: 48e44427
>
> Exception Code: c0000005
>
> Exception Offset: 00208be5
>
> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
>
> Locale ID: 1033
>
> Additional Information 1: fd00
>
> Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
>
> Additional Information 3: fd00
>
> Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Re: IE encountered problem and needs to shut down
In no certain order:

How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215

How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Leigh wrote:
> I am not completely computer savvy so please bear with me. I am running
> Windows Vista with IE-7. When I go to one particular site (delta.com) and
> try to open the link "full searches" or "multi-city" on their home page my
> IE stops working. Get the message that a problem has been encountered and
> IE will sometimes shut down or sometimes restart. I have no other issues
> on
> their site nor have I had continuous problems on any other site. I do
> full
> scans for viruses, spyware, malware, have done a complete test in Manage
> add-ons and it still will not open those two links. This happens every
> time
> and reports are being sent to Microsoft to no avail. I would imagine that
> if it were a Delta problem then others would be experiencing the same
> problem. I have contacted Delta but haven't heard back from them. I just
> assume it's something in my computer but I don't know what and don't begin
> to know where to go from here. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
> Thanks for any help you can provide as this is becoming a problem.
> Below is the report on the issue as seen in the Problem Reports and
> Solutions.....checked again today and no solution found.
>

> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>
> Application Name: iexplore.exe
>
> Application Version: 7.0.6001.18000
>
> Application Timestamp: 47918f11
>
> Fault Module Name: mshtml.dll
>
> Fault Module Version: 7.0.6001.18148
>
> Fault Module Timestamp: 48e44427
>
> Exception Code: c0000005
>
> Exception Offset: 00208be5
>
> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
>
> Locale ID: 1033
>
> Additional Information 1: fd00
>
> Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
>
> Additional Information 3: fd00
>
> Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Leigh

Re: IE encountered problem and needs to shut down
Thanks to all for your help. I did find an add-on from Norton 360 that
seemed to be the problem and removed it. However, then I got a security
issue with Norton (no big deal really) just their ability to protect from
phishing so turned on Windows instead. Been on the phone over 4 hours with
tech and they tried everything to no avail and finally said they were
confident it wasn't a Norton issue but an IE issue. So you might say that I
have a partial fix...one I think I can live with. Thanks again.

> In no certain order:
>
> How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215
>
> How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213
>
> Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided
> Help)
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Leigh wrote:
>> I am not completely computer savvy so please bear with me. I am running
>> Windows Vista with IE-7. When I go to one particular site (delta.com)
>> and
>> try to open the link "full searches" or "multi-city" on their home page
>> my
>> IE stops working. Get the message that a problem has been encountered
>> and
>> IE will sometimes shut down or sometimes restart. I have no other issues
>> on
>> their site nor have I had continuous problems on any other site. I do
>> full
>> scans for viruses, spyware, malware, have done a complete test in Manage
>> add-ons and it still will not open those two links. This happens every
>> time
>> and reports are being sent to Microsoft to no avail. I would imagine
>> that
>> if it were a Delta problem then others would be experiencing the same
>> problem. I have contacted Delta but haven't heard back from them. I
>> just
>> assume it's something in my computer but I don't know what and don't
>> begin
>> to know where to go from here. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
>> Thanks for any help you can provide as this is becoming a problem.
>> Below is the report on the issue as seen in the Problem Reports and
>> Solutions.....checked again today and no solution found.
>>

>> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>>
>> Application Name: iexplore.exe
>>
>> Application Version: 7.0.6001.18000
>>
>> Application Timestamp: 47918f11
>>
>> Fault Module Name: mshtml.dll
>>
>> Fault Module Version: 7.0.6001.18148
>>
>> Fault Module Timestamp: 48e44427
>>
>> Exception Code: c0000005
>>
>> Exception Offset: 00208be5
>>
>> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
>>
>> Locale ID: 1033
>>
>> Additional Information 1: fd00
>>
>> Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
>>
>> Additional Information 3: fd00
>>
>> Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Re: IE encountered problem and needs to shut down
Well, you /could/ disable IE7's anti-phishing option and then enable the
Norton one but...

Is this Norton 360 2009, Leigh? Did you upgrade from an earlier version of
a Norton app (e.g., N360 2008; NIS 2007)?

Leigh wrote:
> [...]
>>> Thanks for any help you can provide as this is becoming a problem.
>>> Below is the report on the issue as seen in the Problem Reports and
>>> Solutions.....checked again today and no solution found.
>>>

>>> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>>>
>>> Application Name: iexplore.exe
>>>
>>> Application Version: 7.0.6001.18000
>>>
>>> Application Timestamp: 47918f11
>>>
>>> Fault Module Name: mshtml.dll
>>>
>>> Fault Module Version: 7.0.6001.18148
>>>
>>> Fault Module Timestamp: 48e44427
>>>
>>> Exception Code: c0000005
>>>
>>> Exception Offset: 00208be5
>>>
>>> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
>>>
>>> Locale ID: 1033
>>>
>>> Additional Information 1: fd00
>>>
>>> Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
>>>
>>> Additional Information 3: fd00
>>>
>>> Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Leigh

Re: IE encountered problem and needs to shut down
When Norton phishing was enabled the IE7's phishing was disabled. When it
became apparent that Norton add-on was the culprit, I disabled it and
enabled IE's phishing. With this I don't have a problem but Norton says it
is not their issue.

Am running Norton 360 version 2.0 and it was installed new from disk
sometime earlier this year. In fact the tech at Norton did a total
uninstall and then reinstalled. Still had the same issue so once again
disabled the Norton add-on Norton Confidential. I don't think disabling
this affects any other area of Norton that I can tell at present. Both
Norton and Delta (airline) claim it is not their issue but one with IE. I
just don't have the knowledge to know what it may be that I haven't already
done and at this point, if disabling that add-on corrects the problem and
doesn't create others, then I'm fine with that. Really do appreciate your
help and if you have any suggestions I will try them out. Thanks.