Outlook Express (windows mail) will not open

Deb R

Outlook Express (windows mail) will not open
I've been reading every post i could find on this problem and have tried
several options given, to no avail. I have HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop. I
shut it off at night, and turn it on in the a.m. yeserday I recieved this
message when I tried to retrieve my emails....windows mail could not be
started...initialize junk filtering....maybe out of memory ...MSOE.DLL could
not be initialized...ect. I went into my AVG and disabled the e-mail scan(no
help) I tried to delete my windows mail folder (won't allow it) to rebuild
it....I uploaded the windows Live but it DID NOT transfere over all of my
inbox messages and I don't think I like it.. Is there any other way I can
get back my old and familiar windows mail box? I will stay on this problem
all day if that's what it takes ....appreciate any help?? but all
respones to this question will be going into the new windows live I've had to
open....
Bruce Hagen

Re: Outlook Express (windows mail) will not open
Windows Vista Mail Newsgroup.

In your newsreader:

On the Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s.vista.mai l
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"Deb R" <rdeborah35@yahoo.com(do not spam)> wrote in message
> I've been reading every post i could find on this problem and have tried
> several options given, to no avail. I have HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop. I
> shut it off at night, and turn it on in the a.m. yeserday I recieved this
> message when I tried to retrieve my emails....windows mail could not be
> started...initialize junk filtering....maybe out of memory ...MSOE.DLL
> could
> not be initialized...ect. I went into my AVG and disabled the e-mail
> scan(no
> help) I tried to delete my windows mail folder (won't allow it) to
> rebuild
> it....I uploaded the windows Live but it DID NOT transfere over all of my
> inbox messages and I don't think I like it.. Is there any other way I
> can
> get back my old and familiar windows mail box? I will stay on this
> problem
> all day if that's what it takes ....appreciate any help?? but all
> respones to this question will be going into the new windows live I've had
> open....

Deb R

Re: Outlook Express (windows mail) will not open
sorry Bruce...you're sending me back to where I spent all day yesterday
trying all the suggestions from all the other posts...i do apologize for
posting in the wrong thread area tho.. (my first time here) anyway, guess
I'll just keep looking for a solution that I haven't tried yet....thank you

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> Windows Vista Mail Newsgroup.
>
> In your newsreader:
>
> On the Web:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s.vista.mai l
> --
>
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP Outlook Express
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Deb R" <rdeborah35@yahoo.com(do not spam)> wrote in message
> > I've been reading every post i could find on this problem and have tried
> > several options given, to no avail. I have HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop. I
> > shut it off at night, and turn it on in the a.m. yeserday I recieved this
> > message when I tried to retrieve my emails....windows mail could not be
> > started...initialize junk filtering....maybe out of memory ...MSOE.DLL
> > could
> > not be initialized...ect. I went into my AVG and disabled the e-mail
> > scan(no
> > help) I tried to delete my windows mail folder (won't allow it) to
> > rebuild
> > it....I uploaded the windows Live but it DID NOT transfere over all of my
> > inbox messages and I don't think I like it.. Is there any other way I
> > can
> > get back my old and familiar windows mail box? I will stay on this
> > problem
> > all day if that's what it takes ....appreciate any help?? but all
> > respones to this question will be going into the new windows live I've had
> > open....

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: Outlook Express (windows mail) will not open
The point is that Windows Mail is _not_ Outlook Express and the answers are
often different.. Stick to the newsgroup that fits your program.

> sorry Bruce...you're sending me back to where I spent all day yesterday
> trying all the suggestions from all the other posts...i do apologize for
> posting in the wrong thread area tho.. (my first time here) anyway,
> guess
> I'll just keep looking for a solution that I haven't tried yet....thank
> you
>
> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> Windows Vista Mail Newsgroup.
>>
>> In your newsreader:
>>
>> On the Web:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s.vista.mai l
>>
>> "Deb R" <rdeborah35@yahoo.com(do not spam)> wrote in message
>> > I've been reading every post i could find on this problem and have
>> > tried
>> > several options given, to no avail. I have HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop.
>> > shut it off at night, and turn it on in the a.m. yeserday I recieved
>> > this
>> > message when I tried to retrieve my emails....windows mail could not be
>> > started...initialize junk filtering....maybe out of memory ...MSOE.DLL
>> > could
>> > not be initialized...ect. I went into my AVG and disabled the e-mail
>> > scan(no
>> > help) I tried to delete my windows mail folder (won't allow it) to
>> > rebuild
>> > it....I uploaded the windows Live but it DID NOT transfere over all of
>> > my
>> > inbox messages and I don't think I like it.. Is there any other way I
>> > can
>> > get back my old and familiar windows mail box? I will stay on this
>> > problem
>> > all day if that's what it takes ....appreciate any help?? but all
>> > respones to this question will be going into the new windows live I've
>> > had
>> > open....

Re: Outlook Express (windows mail) will not open
Did *you* begin a new thread in Vista Mail newsgroup about *your* problem,
Deb? If not (and I don't think you did because I can't find your thread), I
suggest that you do so ASAP. Good luck.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Deb R wrote:
> sorry Bruce...you're sending me back to where I spent all day yesterday
> trying all the suggestions from all the other posts...i do apologize for
> posting in the wrong thread area tho.. (my first time here) anyway,
> guess
> I'll just keep looking for a solution that I haven't tried yet....thank
> you
>
> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>> Windows Vista Mail Newsgroup.
>>
>> In your newsreader:
>>
>> On the Web:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s.vista.mai l
>>
>> "Deb R" wrote:
>>> I've been reading every post i could find on this problem and have tried
>>> several options given, to no avail. I have HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop.
>>> shut it off at night, and turn it on in the a.m. yeserday I recieved
>>> this
>>> message when I tried to retrieve my emails....windows mail could not be
>>> started...initialize junk filtering....maybe out of memory ...MSOE.DLL
>>> could
>>> not be initialized...ect. I went into my AVG and disabled the e-mail
>>> scan(no
>>> help) I tried to delete my windows mail folder (won't allow it) to
>>> rebuild
>>> it....I uploaded the windows Live but it DID NOT transfere over all of
>>> my
>>> inbox messages and I don't think I like it.. Is there any other way I
>>> can
>>> get back my old and familiar windows mail box? I will stay on this
>>> problem all day if that's what it takes ....appreciate any help??
>>> but all
>>> respones to this question will be going into the new windows live I've
>>> had
>>> to open....

Deb R

Re: Outlook Express (windows mail) will not open
thank you Pa Bear..can you link me to Vista Mail newsgroup I guess i
overlooked it somehow..

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Did *you* begin a new thread in Vista Mail newsgroup about *your* problem,
> Deb? If not (and I don't think you did because I can't find your thread), I
> suggest that you do so ASAP. Good luck.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Deb R wrote:
> > sorry Bruce...you're sending me back to where I spent all day yesterday
> > trying all the suggestions from all the other posts...i do apologize for
> > posting in the wrong thread area tho.. (my first time here) anyway,
> > guess
> > I'll just keep looking for a solution that I haven't tried yet....thank
> > you
> >
> > "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
> >> Windows Vista Mail Newsgroup.
> >>
> >> In your newsreader:
> >>
> >> On the Web:
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s.vista.mai l

Bruce Hagen

Re: Outlook Express (windows mail) will not open
I already gave them to you.

> thank you Pa Bear..can you link me to Vista Mail newsgroup I guess i
> overlooked it somehow..
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Did *you* begin a new thread in Vista Mail newsgroup about *your*
>> problem,
>> Deb? If not (and I don't think you did because I can't find your
>> thread), I
>> suggest that you do so ASAP. Good luck.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Deb R wrote:
>> > sorry Bruce...you're sending me back to where I spent all day yesterday
>> > trying all the suggestions from all the other posts...i do apologize
>> > for
>> > posting in the wrong thread area tho.. (my first time here) anyway,
>> > guess
>> > I'll just keep looking for a solution that I haven't tried yet....thank
>> > you

Re: Outlook Express (windows mail) will not open
Click on one the links in Bruce's reply. The shorter link will open the
newsgroup Windows Live Mail, the longer one will open the newsgroup in your
browser.