I.E. Opening is half page mode.

NES

I.E. Opening is half page mode.
When I click on the E.I icon, Explorer opens normally to full page mode.
However, if I click on saved links, either on my desktop or within an
internet page, the second I.E. window opens in half page mode, requiring
that I click the icon for full page mode.

This started after I made the mistake of tiling open programs horizontally.
I've tried tweaking the I.E. icon properties to maximize the window on open,
and it does -- unless I'm clicking on a link. It's like it's got another link
to I.E. that I can't access.

How can I readjust I.E. to always open in full page mode when clicking a
link? Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.
--
Norm Shimmel
Butler, PA
Richard in AZ

Re: I.E. Opening is half page mode.
Use the mouse to drag the edges to a "full screen view" and then close. (Do not use the maximize
button).
When you open that link it should remember the size is was when you closed it.
Unfortunately, you have to do this for each and every link that you modified by tilling.

"NES" <NES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| When I click on the E.I icon, Explorer opens normally to full page mode.
| However, if I click on saved links, either on my desktop or within an
| internet page, the second I.E. window opens in half page mode, requiring
| that I click the icon for full page mode.
|
| This started after I made the mistake of tiling open programs horizontally.
| I've tried tweaking the I.E. icon properties to maximize the window on open,
| and it does -- unless I'm clicking on a link. It's like it's got another link
| to I.E. that I can't access.
|
| How can I readjust I.E. to always open in full page mode when clicking a
| link? Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.
| --
| Norm Shimmel
| Butler, PA

NES

Re: I.E. Opening is half page mode.
Thank you Richard. I'll give that a try. I have used that method, but I'm not
sure I fully opened it all the way by grabbing the corner. I'll try again.
--
Norm Shimmel
Butler, PA

"Richard in AZ" wrote:

> Use the mouse to drag the edges to a "full screen view" and then close. (Do not use the maximize
> button).
> When you open that link it should remember the size is was when you closed it.
> Unfortunately, you have to do this for each and every link that you modified by tilling.
>
> "NES" <NES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | When I click on the E.I icon, Explorer opens normally to full page mode.
> | However, if I click on saved links, either on my desktop or within an
> | internet page, the second I.E. window opens in half page mode, requiring
> | that I click the icon for full page mode.
> |
> | This started after I made the mistake of tiling open programs horizontally.
> | I've tried tweaking the I.E. icon properties to maximize the window on open,
> | and it does -- unless I'm clicking on a link. It's like it's got another link
> | to I.E. that I can't access.
> |
> | How can I readjust I.E. to always open in full page mode when clicking a
> | link? Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.
> | --
> | Norm Shimmel
> | Butler, PA

NES

Re: I.E. Opening is half page mode.
Well, Richard, I tried. It simply isn't remembering it. It always opens in
"reduced size" displaying half a screen. It is exactly the way it appeared
after tiling the windows (two applications). I can't seem to reverse it. I
tried opening two apps, then tiling and untiling again, hoping that would
take effect, but to no avail. Any other suggestions?
--
Norm Shimmel
Butler, PA

"Richard in AZ" wrote:

> Use the mouse to drag the edges to a "full screen view" and then close. (Do not use the maximize
> button).
> When you open that link it should remember the size is was when you closed it.
> Unfortunately, you have to do this for each and every link that you modified by tilling.
>
> "NES" <NES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | When I click on the E.I icon, Explorer opens normally to full page mode.
> | However, if I click on saved links, either on my desktop or within an
> | internet page, the second I.E. window opens in half page mode, requiring
> | that I click the icon for full page mode.
> |
> | This started after I made the mistake of tiling open programs horizontally.
> | I've tried tweaking the I.E. icon properties to maximize the window on open,
> | and it does -- unless I'm clicking on a link. It's like it's got another link
> | to I.E. that I can't access.
> |
> | How can I readjust I.E. to always open in full page mode when clicking a
> | link? Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.
> | --
> | Norm Shimmel
> | Butler, PA

williamtell

Re: I.E. Opening is half page mode.
Suggestion, do it all one more time and add clicking File and then Exit,
close IE and reopen

Good lucl!
--
WT

"NES" wrote:

> Well, Richard, I tried. It simply isn't remembering it. It always opens in
> "reduced size" displaying half a screen. It is exactly the way it appeared
> after tiling the windows (two applications). I can't seem to reverse it. I
> tried opening two apps, then tiling and untiling again, hoping that would
> take effect, but to no avail. Any other suggestions?
> --
> Norm Shimmel
> Butler, PA
>

> "Richard in AZ" wrote:
>
> > Use the mouse to drag the edges to a "full screen view" and then close. (Do not use the maximize
> > button).
> > When you open that link it should remember the size is was when you closed it.
> > Unfortunately, you have to do this for each and every link that you modified by tilling.
> >
> > "NES" <NES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > | When I click on the E.I icon, Explorer opens normally to full page mode.
> > | However, if I click on saved links, either on my desktop or within an
> > | internet page, the second I.E. window opens in half page mode, requiring
> > | that I click the icon for full page mode.
> > |
> > | This started after I made the mistake of tiling open programs horizontally.
> > | I've tried tweaking the I.E. icon properties to maximize the window on open,
> > | and it does -- unless I'm clicking on a link. It's like it's got another link
> > | to I.E. that I can't access.
> > |
> > | How can I readjust I.E. to always open in full page mode when clicking a
> > | link? Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.
> > | --
> > | Norm Shimmel
> > | Butler, PA

NES

Re: I.E. Opening is half page mode.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I did as you requested, pulled the
window open, clicked File, then Exit. Upon reopening I still got half a page.
I tried again, this time I added the process of clicking on the full page
icon, clicked on file and exit. Still the same. Very weird. I guess I'll have
to live with it. Thank again for your message.
--
Norm Shimmel
Butler, PA

"williamtell" wrote:

> Suggestion, do it all one more time and add clicking File and then Exit,
> close IE and reopen
>
> Good lucl!
> --
> WT
>

> "NES" wrote:
>
> > Well, Richard, I tried. It simply isn't remembering it. It always opens in
> > "reduced size" displaying half a screen. It is exactly the way it appeared
> > after tiling the windows (two applications). I can't seem to reverse it. I
> > tried opening two apps, then tiling and untiling again, hoping that would
> > take effect, but to no avail. Any other suggestions?
> > --
> > Norm Shimmel
> > Butler, PA
> >

> > "Richard in AZ" wrote:
> >
> > > Use the mouse to drag the edges to a "full screen view" and then close. (Do not use the maximize
> > > button).
> > > When you open that link it should remember the size is was when you closed it.
> > > Unfortunately, you have to do this for each and every link that you modified by tilling.

Bruce Hagen

Re: I.E. Opening is half page mode.
Stretch it as you have been told, but this window /must/ be the last one
closed for Windows to remember the size. Close the other windows from the
Taskbar and then this one last using File | Exit.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

> Thank you for taking the time to reply. I did as you requested, pulled the
> window open, clicked File, then Exit. Upon reopening I still got half a
> page.
> I tried again, this time I added the process of clicking on the full page
> icon, clicked on file and exit. Still the same. Very weird. I guess I'll
> have
> to live with it. Thank again for your message.
> --
> Norm Shimmel
> Butler, PA
>

> "williamtell" wrote:
>
>> Suggestion, do it all one more time and add clicking File and then Exit,
>> close IE and reopen
>>
>> Good lucl!
>> --
>> WT
>>

>> "NES" wrote:
>>
>> > Well, Richard, I tried. It simply isn't remembering it. It always opens
>> > in
>> > "reduced size" displaying half a screen. It is exactly the way it
>> > appeared
>> > after tiling the windows (two applications). I can't seem to reverse
>> > it. I
>> > tried opening two apps, then tiling and untiling again, hoping that
>> > would
>> > take effect, but to no avail. Any other suggestions?
>> > --
>> > Norm Shimmel
>> > Butler, PA

NES

Re: I.E. Opening is half page mode.
Thank you for your reply, Bruce. I did as you asked...I closed ALL
applications, opened a link to one of the saved pages, expanded it by hand,
clicked on file and exit. It didn't work. It's still opening in half screen
mode. It's a darned nuisance, but it looks like there's not cure.

BTW, in case the thought raises its ugly head, I am an experienced comupter
and MS Office user. That doen't preclude my being an idiot, but I'm an
experienced one. <G>
--
Norm Shimmel
Butler, PA

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> Stretch it as you have been told, but this window /must/ be the last one
> closed for Windows to remember the size. Close the other windows from the
> Taskbar and then this one last using File | Exit.
> --
>
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP Outlook Express
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "NES" <NES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you for taking the time to reply. I did as you requested, pulled the
> > window open, clicked File, then Exit. Upon reopening I still got half a
> > page.
> > I tried again, this time I added the process of clicking on the full page
> > icon, clicked on file and exit. Still the same. Very weird. I guess I'll
> > have
> > to live with it. Thank again for your message.
> > --
> > Norm Shimmel
> > Butler, PA
> >

> > "williamtell" wrote:
> >
> >> Suggestion, do it all one more time and add clicking File and then Exit,
> >> close IE and reopen
> >>
> >> Good lucl!
> >> --
> >> WT

Bruce Hagen

Re: I.E. Opening is half page mode.
Where was this link you opened the Webpage from?
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

> Thank you for your reply, Bruce. I did as you asked...I closed ALL
> applications, opened a link to one of the saved pages, expanded it by
> hand,
> clicked on file and exit. It didn't work. It's still opening in half
> screen
> mode. It's a darned nuisance, but it looks like there's not cure.
>
> BTW, in case the thought raises its ugly head, I am an experienced
> comupter
> and MS Office user. That doen't preclude my being an idiot, but I'm an
> experienced one. <G>
> --
> Norm Shimmel
> Butler, PA
>

> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> Stretch it as you have been told, but this window /must/ be the last one
>> closed for Windows to remember the size. Close the other windows from the
>> Taskbar and then this one last using File | Exit.
>> --
>>
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP Outlook Express
>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "NES" <NES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thank you for taking the time to reply. I did as you requested, pulled
>> > the
>> > window open, clicked File, then Exit. Upon reopening I still got half a
>> > page.
>> > I tried again, this time I added the process of clicking on the full
>> > page
>> > icon, clicked on file and exit. Still the same. Very weird. I guess
>> > I'll
>> > have
>> > to live with it. Thank again for your message.
>> > --
>> > Norm Shimmel
>> > Butler, PA

NES

Re: I.E. Opening is half page mode.
It doesn't seem to matter, Bruce. I often plop a link on my desktop if I'm
going to be accessing it often for some period of time -- Like the link to
these messages. I do that by dragging the URL onto the desktop. It also
happens if I select one from a folder called "Quick Links". It happened this
morning when I clicked on a link found within a web page.
--
Norm Shimmel
Butler, PA